2008 crf 450's

I have read in quite a few publications and on this site that Honda is sitting with quite a few unsold 2008 CRF450's.

Has Honda lost the top selling spot in the USA or did they over estimate the market?

What do you think the reason is for the large number of unsold 08 CRF450's?

House Foreclosure's, job's, gas prices, groceries, shrinking ares to ride,,,,,, need I continue??

When did the credit crunch hit the US? I was under the impression this was a mid to late 08 development. Obviously mistaken, but a valid reason for all bike sales to suffer not just Honda?

I think the stuff RideRed talks about is effecting everything in the US not just motocross bikes. And I know first hand it's effecting the price of all bikes no matter what make, model or year. I "had" to let my like new 07 KX450 go for $3500.

I say had to because I hurt my knee and will be done for awhile...but I'm hoping to get a CRF450 for my comeback. I hope that isn't a bad choice but I'm thinking I'll get a pretty good deal.

The economy does have a lot to do with it. It is not easy to just go and drop 7-8 gs on a bike knowing that in a year it will be barely worth half that amount. From guys I know, alot are holding out buying a new CRF450R this year in hopes that the '09 is going to be EFI. They new they were already taking the hit on their "old" bikes so they are just waiting for the '09s. If the new 450R isn't EFI, then they know they can get a smoking deal to take an '08 off of a dealer's hands. Not a bad way to look at it from a buyer's perspective.

Kind of like the big slump in sales that Yamaha had in trying to dump that last year of the steel framed WR450s. Everyone new they were going aluminum since the WR is a year behind the YZF and were waiting. Yamaha dealers had to give those things away.

When did the credit crunch hit the US? I was under the impression this was a mid to late 08 development. Obviously mistaken, but a valid reason for all bike sales to suffer not just Honda?

The economy is starting to stabalize. Gas prices are coming down. However, most everyone was operating with a high level of debt and the rise in inflation and the other issues have really hurt many. Aftermarket sales are strong. New bike sales are slow for all. Resale of older bike is really bad as many have had to sell of the play toys to make ends meet. The economy should be pulling out of this if we don't have any additional surprises or hits.

• 2 weeks later...
I have read in quite a few publications and on this site that Honda is sitting with quite a few unsold 2008 CRF450's.

Has Honda lost the top selling spot in the USA or did they over estimate the market?

What do you think the reason is for the large number of unsold 08 CRF450's?

there is not a large qty of 08 CRF450's remaining at honda right now.

If anyone sees a good deal on an 08 around Ohio please PM me. I'm looking for a clean used one or maybe a new one we'll see.

Thanks, Aaron.

Wait for the 09 to hit the showroom floor before you buy an 08. That's when you will see the best prices on the 08.

The economy has something to do with lower sales, however, if there is a overstock of 2008’s then you have overlooked the real reason.

The 2009 Honda is rumored to have been completely overhauled.

People are not going to buy the 08’s when the 09’s are so close to coming out and have more bells and whistles.

This is the main reason they are so secretive about their new bikes. If they tell you what they got then you will wait for next year and no bike sales will be made for older models.