Sign in to follow this  

Revoked Plate?

Most of you won't care about this, but I read that hear in the Republic of California DMV is doing an audit on all bikes registered after 01-01-04. If your dirt bike was plated, you'll get a notice in the mail that the plate is no longer valid and you will be "allowed" to get a green sticker for it...anyone else heard this? As much as i'd be glad I bought an L, this would be baaaaad news!

You're bursting my bubble.

I'm still entertaining a fantasy that I will someday find a rookie behind the counter in a DMV office who will grant me plates for my XR.

Most of you won't care about this, but I read that hear in the Republic of California DMV is doing an audit on all bikes registered after 01-01-04. If your dirt bike was plated, you'll get a notice in the mail that the plate is no longer valid and you will be "allowed" to get a green sticker for it...anyone else heard this? As much as i'd be glad I bought an L, this would be baaaaad news!

Where did you read about it?

This has been in the works for almost 3 years. Long live the L

It's true. A buddy of mine got a notice from the DMV telling him to turn in his plate for his 05 Husky 450. This happened sometime in late 06.

Boy am I glad I live in Montana.

All you have to do is fill out the SELF EXAMINATION form, take it to DMV, and get your plate. They are happy to give anyone a plate for anything and then if you get busted they will write you up for all of the violations.

They probably rake in more tax money with this setup!

I should also add that when you get a plate, it is a permanent registration, so you never have to worry about it or your OHV tag for as long as you own the bike.

LeftCoastLoonies:crazy:

I guess they need to protect you from yourself in every aspect of your lives.

Fireworks, guns, helmets and anything that might be fun is way too dangerous for anyone who lives in Ca.

I really do feel sorry for ya but I feel even worse for the rest of the country. It seems that when the people of Ca. let stuff like this happen it seems to spread like the flu to other parts where people should know better.

helmets and anything that might be fun is way too dangerous for anyone who lives in Ca.

I really do feel sorry for ya but I feel even worse for the rest of the country. It seems that when the people of Ca. let stuff like this happen it seems to spread like the flu to other parts where people should know better.

Ride with no helmet, Fun:excuseme: I'm confused:excuseme:

This has been in the works for almost 3 years. Long live the L

From what I can tell it's mostly done. If you have a bike that was plated a few years ago then you should be fine. As far as I can tell it's mostly new registrations now. People still get plates, but then get the letter three to six months later.

I may be wrong but I think the cut off was anything later than an 02 model?

Boy am I glad I live in Montana.

All you have to do is fill out the SELF EXAMINATION form, take it to DMV, and get your plate. They are happy to give anyone a plate for anything and then if you get busted they will write you up for all of the violations.

They probably rake in more tax money with this setup!

I should also add that when you get a plate, it is a permanent registration, so you never have to worry about it or your OHV tag for as long as you own the bike.

I guess they need to protect you from yourself in every aspect of your lives.

Fireworks, guns, helmets and anything that might be fun is way too dangerous for anyone who lives in Ca.

Sorry if I'm stepping in on your territory Martinfan30...

Exactly what are you all bringing to the question of the original poster? Should I start with what I think is wrong with Arkansas? I'm sure I could go on and on.

The place where everyone should be directing their disdain on most of these issues is Washington DC, not California. The US congress passed some laws, the Pres signed it. The EPA generated some regulations that were authorized by those new laws and started leaning on the states, with California first in line.

• Like 1

Exactly what are you all bringing to the question of the original poster? Should I start with what I think is wrong with Arkansas? I'm sure I could go on and on.

The place where everyone should be directing their disdain on most of these issues is Washington DC, not California. The US congress passed some laws, the Pres signed it. The EPA generated some regulations that were authorized by those new laws and started leaning on the states, with California first in line.

You're absolutely right! Congress passed some laws brought about by the treehuggers and (did I say left coast loonies)? their friends. And the rest of the country has to deal with it.

Please, go on about Arkansas. If only one person reads and believes you it will be one less wanting to retire here and bring their beliefs with them.

Good luck keeping tags on your bikes. I hope it goes well for everyone. But it sounds like you don't have many options or much way to turn public opinion your way.

Oh, Almost forgot about the helmets. I wear one and think everyone should...................mind their own business and let the rider decide.

Bottom line is that a lot of "We The People" don't like to be controlled. Insurance companies decided that we had to wear helmets and we gave in becasue it sounds good. Don't worry Hope will fix it all Obama is the answer! Can't wait for the Obamanation! California for all! Yes, you will all get to be part of the insanity:p

...i actually heard this has been planned for a looong time...and it's only beginning in Cali...:D

it seems there is a disproportionate number of these "illegals" out there...R's who have slipped in over the border with false documentation...sure, for a while there will be "sanctuary cities" but the Big A (Arnold) is to put an end to that soon... :)

...not even Nancy ("Stretch") in DC can stop it...try that she may :worthy:

All Your R's Are Belong To Us!

...bwaahahahahaaa :ride:

P.S. Congress enacted the Clean Air Act with minimum requirements Cali with their State Implementation Plan decided to be more strict with their requirements and the time table...u can't blame Washington for that! Cali wus the only state to do that.

You guys ain't seen nothing yet. :worthy:

The next thing in the works is smog inspections for motorcycles in the Peoples Republic Of California :D:ride::banghead: :banghead:

That means XR650R's and even L's that have had their smog equipment removed are in big trouble :)