Sign in to follow this  

Kenda Trailmaster, or is it Trakmaster II ???

In the Sept issue of Dirt Bike, they compare the KLX250S with the WR250R. The said the only thing that wasn't stock on both bikes were the Trailmaster tires that they put on them.

I go to Kenda's web site, and there is no "Trailmaster" tire. There is a "Trakmaster II" however. Are they confusing something or perhaps there has been a spelling error???? Or, is the Trailmaster an old obsolete tire that isn't listed anymore?

http://www.kendausa.com/motorcycle/alltires.html

I saw that same article and chuckled. To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a Kenda "trailmaster". I think they wrote the name of the tire from memory and maybe fell down somewhere between the garage and their keyboard and hit their head. The description that they gave fits the Trakmaster II.

From the pictures, I'm not sure their tires are as knobbie as the Trakmaster II. Does somebody else make a Trailmaster???

Does somebody else make a Trailmaster???

Dunlop, although I think it's an older model. I looked at an XR650L that had one on the front, but Dunlop's motorcycle site has no mention of it.

The Trakmaster looks like it at least has some side knobs. The problem with most DOT tires is that you can't lean the bike over very far in the turns....

Local So. Calif. riders....if you saw the comparison article in Dirt Bike, I think the pictures are from Devil's Hole in the SB Mountains. What you think?

Just read that Dike Bike article couple nights ago and had the same reaction as Crash above......they screwed up, it was the Kenda Trackmaster II being used.

I'm trying a set on my Husky TE510 right now.

Have +/-600 miles so far, 95% off-road in conditions similar to that described, and pictured, in article (& worse).....plus I assume, much of it ran at a little harder/faster pace.

The remaining 5% was city/hiway pavement up to only 45/50mph.

Probably safe to say, my 510 is a wee bit harder on tires (especially rear) than the two 250's in their test, but Trackmasters seem to be holding up well. You can't run them like a full street racing tire and they may not be as good everywhere off-road as a condition specific dirt tire, but IMO they have very good all around performance.