Sign in to follow this  

Japan Owns my life fully now...

I've officially owned and operated every major Japanese brand of motorcycle now:ride:

86' Yamaha PW50 :worthy:

86' Yamaha YZ80 :ride:

83' Kawasaki KX125 :)

89' Kawasaki KX125 :banghead:

89' Honda CR500 :banghead:

05' Honda CRF250 :banghead:

And now presenting my 2007 DRZ400SM :D - My first Suzuki ( had a 78 enduro 90 but that doesn't count because it barely ran) I hope to gain craptons of advice from all of you long time Suzuki enthusiasts here on thumpertalk seeing as this is my first official Suzuki post. I've already had problems that have been solved by the search buttons on my SM (CA Model-removed vapor canister:thumbsup: ). Hopefully this relationship will be as fulfilling as my motorcycle relationship with Honda.

2kg3t3.jpg

Nice! Soon you'll forsake the others...

Hey, living in CA, what's the story on that eyesore of a evapo can?

I'm ready to rip mine off, but don't want no trouble with :busted:Johnny Law:busted:

Anyone know the actual law on that shiz, for street-only riding, no offroad?

No cop is going to give you a ticket for removing the CA smog garbage. I have never once heard of that happening to anyone. I have lived in CA pretty much my whole life and been riding here for 17. First thing you should do when you own a CA model bike is get rid of that crap.

Anyone remember when the early model GSXR's were out and they actually put in different cams/jet kits in them? What a hassle that was.

Hey, living in CA, what's the story on that eyesore of a evapo can? I'm ready to rip mine off, but don't want no trouble with :busted:Johnny Law:busted:

There's lots of posts where it causes the bikes to stall after filling up the tank. Best to remove it.

Here's the how-to:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382414

yeah hondas have been the best bikes by far for me so far..then again i bought them new maybe thats why. yeah i got pulled over for standing up on my seat yesterday and basically told the cop she was retarded...her superior officer showed up and let me go and apologized...if they dont even know the laws of what u can do on a motorcycle i doubt theyre even gonna know what the vapor canister is let alone where it goes

Come to think of it, I've owned at least one of each brand at some stage too. I bet heaps of us here have as well.

What I've learn't; they jave all made junk and gems at times, and good value for money.

Enjoy your new SM.

Gotta love japan, I had all four major brands, but the best bike I owned was the KTM, made by round eyed aussies. Suzuki I stand by, had a lot of issues with my last honda 450. It was a sweet bike but I hated it and was always doing something to it to keep it running right.

Gotta love japan, I had all four major brands, but the best bike I owned was the KTM, made by round eyed aussies. Suzuki I stand by, had a lot of issues with my last honda 450. It was a sweet bike but I hated it and was always doing something to it to keep it running right.

By round eyed aussies do you mean Austrians? Only ever heard of Australians called that and I don't think they know how to build bikes do they?

dude... seriously... that comment was along the same lines as a quote from the movie Animal House, but more stupid and not funny.

"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!?"

KTM is made in AUSTRIA, and "aussie" is slang for Australian.

To the OP: CONGRATS on your purchase. I think you'll be pleased with the recent addition to your Japan collection.

My Japanese list in order:

1972 Suzuki TS-90

1974 Kawasaki 100

1978 RM 125

1981 RM 125

1982 RM 250

1983 RM 250

1984 CR 250

2002 KX 250

2005 YZ 450

Wish I had pictures of them all!!!!!!!!!1

2006 YZ 450

Lovely accent you have there. New Jersey?

Austria.

(in Australian accent) well let's throw anothaaa shrimp on the baaaawbaay!

Let's not. (walks away)

👍

No hard feelings metalhead, just couldn't resist the opportunity for some light hearted teasing...

yeah- that cr50 scared the shit out of me...i bought it when i was 13 for 500 bux...nearly killed myself in a parking lot, sold it two months later for 900- not a bad deal...ya the drz400 is pretty nice so far- i just gotta go through these forums and try to get the thing some balls...i feel like it wants to be powerful but its balls fell off in the suzuki factory and i now have to find it a new pair before itll pack a real punch

Honda CT70

Suzuki TS90

Suzuki TS125

Suzuki TS185

Suzuki TM400

Honda MR250

Kawasaki KDX200

Yamaha TTR-90

Kawasaki KLX400

Had to add the Yammy just to cover all bases! Now if I could only find a Hodaka!