Sign in to follow this  

I'm sorry, can I still visit once in a while?

Keep in mind that I still have and plan to keep my 2005 YZ 250, but I couldn't pass up a deal on this. In fact, I just finished rebuilding the top end on my 250 this weekend.

2008 YZ450 OTD for $5,995. I didn't want the white one, but for that price I can spend an extra $100 and get blue fenders and shrouds. I know, I know it's a thumper, but isn't she purty?? Prior to this one I've owned a 2000 YZ426 (heavy pig), 2003 CRF450R (valve eater) and a 2004 KTM 450 MXC (lacked excitedment), so I'm not new to the Thumper scene.

08YZ450F.JPG

You don't like the white?!?!? You're crazy man, you're crazy...:)

You don't like the white?!?!? You're crazy man, you're crazy...:)

I primarily ride in the woods, riding tight technical single track so I fall down and go boom quite often. Not to mention that I do half of my riding in coal country. I know its a dirt bike, but I like to keep my stuff looking nice. Blue plastic is able to cover the scratches and marks better than most colors (unless you crease it). White plastic to me would be tantamount to having a Monet hanging on the door of a porta potty at Octoberfest :D !!

Let us know how that 450F does on the single track trail. Nearly bought a 06 450F but got my auto clutch 07 instead. I'd keep the white too but I do understand about getting coal smudge marks on it too.:)

I put white on my YZ250 just about two months ago.. It quite trashed at this point.. But nothing some number backgrounds and fender stickers wont hide!! :)

very nice... red or gold rims would look sweet... not that it doesnt look great just how it is

Thats a track monster there! Ditch the trails and shred some moto!!! You'll have a time keeping that thing on the trail.

Your more than welcome here. No 1 bike requirement or we would all be banned.

You swore a sacred oath when you signed up. The only way out of this forum is to pass away.

I owned an 03 CRF450R that I rode primarily on the trails and it was awesome. It was light enough to be trail worthy, although not as light as a 2-stroke. The four strokes can be lugged in tight trails, but with a two stroke you really need a good fly wheel weight. Once in a while on extremely tight trails on an extremely hot day would my thumper over-heat. I replaced the coolant with engine ice and that helped a great deal, although didn't completely eliminate the issue. A bike only has as much power as your wrist delivers. My only complaint with that CRF was that it ate valves once per season, even a set of the SS Kibblewhite and heavy duty springs. The beauty of the YZF is the five valve head, which doesn't need to hammer the valves open and shut as fast and as hard as the other four valve systems.

I borrowed one of my friends 2007 YZ450Fs for a weekend a couple weeks ago. I absolutely hated it. It was like trying to turn a dump truck.

With that being said, it is a pretty looking bike.

...08YZ450F.JPG....

wow, look at that!!! that's simply bitchin, man!! :)

i'm gettin me an '09 husky WR125... i guess i have to ask the same permission then to still visit yami 2T.... ahihi :D

I borrowed one of my friends 2007 YZ450Fs for a weekend a couple weeks ago. I absolutely hated it. It was like trying to turn a dump truck.

With that being said, it is a pretty looking bike.

that how i feel about my yz250 when i twist the throttle.i think i want a 125, 250 are to hard to turn while wheeling non stop but the power is alot of fun

that how i feel about my yz250 when i twist the throttle.i think i want a 125, 250 are to hard to turn while wheeling non stop but the power is alot of fun

125s are a blast and inspire confidence in corners. I know on mine, I can get away with alot more than on any other bike.

But the 450 simply would not lean over, not at all.

wow, look at that!!! that's simply bitchin, man!! :)

i'm gettin me an '09 husky WR125... i guess i have to ask the same permission then to still visit yami 2T.... ahihi :D

If you buy somethign other than Yamaha, you'll need to leave. Pack up your s- and get the hell out. LOL

The 09 Husky's look nice.At least the pictures do. We dont have much in the way of dealer support for them around here.

I got a 06 Kawi 450 and I'm still welcome. Of course I got some flack for it, haha but everybody's welcome. There's more activity in this forum than some of the other bike specific forums. The KX450 forum is dead so I don't know what I would do without this one.