Sign in to follow this  

recent blue plates in ontario

Has anyone in ontario (pref s.ont) recently got a blue plate for their bike? I have rebuilt my 04 yz450f and would rather not lose all that money invested by having to sell it for next to nothing to buy one that's already been plated. I know there are many posts and suggestions around there just wondering if someone has actually been able to get around the loop hole. As for selling to a friend out of province....what provinces aren't as tight on their regulations?

I'm interested in this as well---put a trick dual sport signal kit on my 06 wr250f and im thinking i'll try and play it dumb

--going to get a safety from my friends' bike shop

--i grew up with my insurance broker so i have no problem there haha

--going to walk into the ghetto-ist mto office 20 minutes before close and ask for a set of plates....

anyone else have any ideas? im probably going to try this this week 👍

Yes, the post states that those posts have been read. Didn't ask for suggestions.....was clearly asking if anyone has recently been able to and where so i can hit up that MTO

Ooooh... mysterious. 👍

It's always best to keep this kind of info from your fellow riders. I'm not sure what, but something bad might happen if you don't. :worthy:

if you understood at all what he had said you would have pm'd him and gotten your information like i did.

I get my plates tomorrow.

You would be amazed who reads these forums. The MTO realized didnt even realize that there was people getting blue plates on offroad bikes until someone found the info on sites just like these.

Until the offroad legislation has been homogenized for everyone(probably 2 yrs away) discretion has to be used as to what get posted on public forums like this one.

Sorry it has to be that way, but some folks, who are in positions of influence with the MTO are reading these things, misunderstanding the issue and the info and mis-using the info to our detriment. The problem is those same people are having trouble understanding that a properly (and I mean properly!, not half assed, which some guys do.) converted dirt bike is one of the safest vehicles on the roads. They are afraid that these bikes don't have an official standard to meet(they do, actually) and if there's a problem - they'll be in trouble. It's all very political.

Until this is sorted out, it's not going to be OK to discuss blue plating openly on public forums. Use PM's to get info.

BJ

Lets end this thread. I have talked through pm with a few people and thank you to those for clarification. I now realize the sensitivity on this issue now and it's best to end this thread - i have been enlightened