Sign in to follow this  

Vermont dirt road maps

Hi all, Just picked up a dual sport for the weekend place in Vermont this summer. I searched TT for "Vermont" and all I got was stuff about plating bikes in VT to skirt other states' restrictive BS.

Here is an actual, useful resource to those who want to explore the dirt roads (including Class 4 roads-- un-maintained town "fire roads"- legal righ-a-ways)....Town highway maps including all legal roads in a given Vermont town.

http://www.aot.state.vt.us/planning/mapgis/Town_Maps1.htm

(some of the maps are in PDF Format and some require you to download a "reader" software to view and print)

I spent my summer vacation in July getting up at 6am and riding ALL the roads in a given town that morning. Home by 8 am so the wife couldn't bitch.

I strapped a telescoping fishing rod to my fanny pack and found some great little brook trout streams, too.

Anothe good resource is the "Vermont Atlas and Gazetteer" published by DeLorme. It's an over-sized atlas format but good for planning and you could photocopy it's maps to take on the road, too.

Hope this helps... go have some damn fun! :)

Doh, if only I hadn't sold my place up there before getting a DS. Mad River Valley area would been fun for some cruising :)

Check out CCCofVT.com They do a club DS ride every month. If there is enough interest in adventure bike rides maybe set up a ride.