Sign in to follow this  

06 yz 125 clutch replacement

There are a couple brands out there barnett and ebc,with different materials cork and kevlar what works best for yz 125 ? What is the difference in the materials ?? what comes stock on the yz and should I just stick to stock ?? I plan on just replacing plates and springs .. Any feedback would be great .....:

i went w/ the ebc standard plates on mine, works fine, and belray gear saver 80w oil.

There are a couple brands out there barnett and ebc,with different materials cork and kevlar what works best for yz 125 ? What is the difference in the materials ?? what comes stock on the yz and should I just stick to stock ?? I plan on just replacing plates and springs .. Any feedback would be great .....:

I would like some clutch education also. There are std kits, kevlar kits, and carbon kits. Kits with aluminum plates, steel plates, china plates (LOL).

I need to make this decision soon for my rebuild. Is a $140 DPC clutch kit worth the $140 or should I throw down $40 for some cheapy kit and WHY? How do you decide how much money to spend and what kit to select?

Is there a clutch quality guide or generalities that help a person decide between all the choices?

Can't beat OEM yamaha clutch plates they are the best clutch plates for YZ's most after market clutch plates are missing the smooth edge on the two lowest plates in the basket. What's the big deal it makes for better smoother cluch engagement stick with stock springs.

You should concentrate more on getting a better clutch basket the weak point of the clutch system.

My thought has been to replace clutch and get a good basket at the same time, but this also brings up questions. So when you buy, say a Hinson basket...is it also necessary to get a Hinson pressure plate and inner hub as well? Are the stock inner hubs and pressure plates also weak or is replacing the basket and getting a new oem clutch kit sufficient?

Any thoughts on Hinson vs Moose vs Wiseco vs other billet baskets?

My thought has been to replace clutch and get a good basket at the same time, but this also brings up questions. So when you buy, say a Hinson basket...is it also necessary to get a Hinson pressure plate and inner hub as well? Are the stock inner hubs and pressure plates also weak or is replacing the basket and getting a new oem clutch kit sufficient?

Any thoughts on Hinson vs Moose vs Wiseco vs other billet baskets?

depends on how hard you ride, i've filed baskets w/ notches and put basic discs in and ride away, if your going for the gusto i say hinson clutches shine bright, but for normal play riding stock stuff is just fine, and if the basket's bad put a top name in they are stronger than stock, w/ whatever discs suite your wallet, baskets aren't cheap. and the stock innards will work just fine.