530 XC-W(R) vs Husqvarna TXC-510

Does anyone know how the 6-speed transmissions on these two bikes compare?

The KTM has a slightly larger displacement and a significantly longer stroke, but the Husky has the bigger bore and a greater compression ratio. So I can't help but wonder how each bike's gearbox matches up with its powerplant.

The Husky fans all swear the TXC-510 is unbeatable in this class, but is its power harder to handle than the 530 XC-W's?

The TE510 has a real strong engine, and a close ratio tranny to go with it. It did make for a handful to ride in tight trails. I wanted more of a wide ratio gear box. From what I understand, the XC-W has a much wider tranny, with a real high 6th gear. Not only that, but the TE vibrated til you where knumb. If it wasn't for the close ratio tranny, I would have kept that TE510. Now I'm looking at the EXC450R, but not sure what to think about the oil seal delima between the engine and the tranny?? Any other good Dual Sports out there? I'm back to riding my old DR350.......and I actually like the little air cooled billy goat!

I probably should be comparing the TXC-510 to the KTM 505-XC; now I've got an apples/oranges thing on my hands. But that 505-XC is too much of a rocket for me, I'm guessing.

I want to be able to lug my bike through and up whatever deep stuff and steep stuff I may encounter, while blazing down straight stretches effortlessly. The wide-ratio of the 530 XC-W would probably be more to my liking, but that bike reputedly feels heavy and cumbersome.

I'm wondering if this TXC-510 wouldn't be a nice compromise for what I'm seeking. It's gearing seems to be in between these KTMs, and it is supposed to be much easier to handle in tight spots than the 530. Plus, I don't wanna feel like a pig when I'm hitting jumps.