Sign in to follow this  

D.I.D VM X-Ring V.S. Regina ZRH Z-Ring Chain???

im getting a set of ironman sprockets cuz im sick of mine wearing out and im replacing the chain too and want a long lasting one to go with the sprockets. im racing motocross but i dont care about wieght or that crap, i just want it to last a long time. which chain do i go with?

My experience with the DID 520VM x-ring chain is excellent. I'm currently running a DID 520VT t-ring chain. It's narrower so a shim isn't required to use it on the CRF's like you do when you run the wider x-ring.

we're using both atm, got a regenia z ring on our KTM 450 EXC-R, and a DID Xring 520 on my RM 250, and to be honest they're both excellect, the regina only needed one small adjustment after the first ride and it hasn't streched at all since, same dealio with the DID, however the regina has about an extra 10 hours on it atm, the regina is on OEM KTM alloy sprockets, and the did on OEM suzuki steel's.

No experience with the DID chain, although the Regina Z-Ring is an excellent chain. Although maybe a little bit too stiff.