Sign in to follow this  

Tires for 74 xl250

I am trying to find a set of tires for a 1974 XL250 and have been having a hard time finding someone with the tires available so far every tire I have tried has been on back order. Kendas, IRC, Cheng Shin, Maxxis... What is the deal? Does anyone know of a good source to find tires for this bike? Please advise. The online store here is for Tucker Rocky and this is the primary supplier I have been checking with for the tires. It also seems that Parts Unlimited does not have the tires I am looking for.

That seems strange. You bike has about the most generic sized rims. Aren't they 1.60x21 in the front and 2.15x18 in the rear? Every shop should stock tires that you can use.

What tires are you looking for? Something special?

nothing special. 3.0 x 21 front and 4.0 x 18 rear. I really wanted a set of Kenda K270 dual sport tires.

nothing special. 3.0 x 21 front and 4.0 x 18 rear. I really wanted a set of Kenda K270 dual sport tires.

Everyone seems to be out of the K270 and a lot of other tires right now. Consider some slightly larger sizes like 4.50 and the lower profile 4.10 and 4.60. 100 or 110 width metric sized tires should fit as well.