Sign in to follow this  

One step closer to a new Dirtbike.

Someone just bought my 2002 KTM 520 exc for $3900. I was really sad to see it go. I was really happy to find out the buyer had a 2002 KTM 400 exc but sold it due to injury. Looks like my baby has a good new home.

I am currently trying to sell my sportbike as well. When that is sold its time to start shopping! :)

I almost wish I would of set a higher price, sold in a week!

Now the big question Dual sport or dirt bike(I am a huge dirt hound)

Someone just bought my 2002 KTM 520 exc for $3900. I was really sad to see it go. I was really happy to find out the buyer had a 2002 KTM 400 exc but sold it due to injury. Looks like my baby has a good new home.

I am currently trying to sell my sportbike as well. When that is sold its time to start shopping! :)

I almost wish I would of set a higher price, sold in a week!

Now the big question Dual sport or dirt bike(I am a huge dirt hound)

The question we have for you, is do you ride trails or MX? If you have NEVER ridden MX then I suggest you do before you sink $7k into a brand new dual-sport bike.

The question we have for you, is do you ride trails or MX? If you have NEVER ridden MX then I suggest you do before you sink $7k into a brand new dual-sport bike.

Just a little back ground. I am 44 and started racing at Indian Dunes in 1973(XR75) Raced AMA dist 20 #2 plate mini senior in 1977. Took a break then started racing again in 1989(1989 CR250R) Then bought the KTM in 2002. I currently road race with WSMC and hope to continue(07 ZX6R)

I am not getting any younger so I am really up in the air on this one. :)

he's selling his sportbike

Yup, and keeping my track only ZX6R. I am pretty sure I will just get a DirtBike(Great cross training for road racing)

Now if they only made a 80% dirt 20% street Dual sport I would buy it....

what brand are u wanting to get

I am pretty open, but I really like the KTM's. My 2002 had a few issues but overall a great bike.

Wow you got 3900 for a 02 520!!! when I bought my crf last year, I tried to sell my 520 and couldnt give it away. kinda glad now, I figured I would keep it for Colorado trips so I dont tear up the honda.

Wow you got 3900 for a 02 520!!! when I bought my crf last year, I tried to sell my 520 and couldnt give it away. kinda glad now, I figured I would keep it for Colorado trips so I dont tear up the honda.

I put it on cycle trader and sold it in a week...:) I am pretty sure the fact I had it Dual plated in Calif didnt hurt.

Plus, I included a few extras like spare rims and such.

awesome, next time I try to sell a bike I'll try cycle trader.

now u gotta change ur sig man

I am pretty sure it will be a KTM, plus the 916 is my WSMC racing number...👍

a plated 09 530 with a supermoto kit you can swap out if you want

a plated 09 530 with a supermoto kit you can swap out if you want

Please elaborate...I am not sure what you are talking about.

If you are suggesting I buy a 09 530 with a super moto kit and can plate it. Then buy the dirt wheels and thrash. You might be onto something! 👍

After doing some research, I am pretty sure the 2008 KTM 530 exc street legal is my choice!

Thanks for all the replies!