Sign in to follow this  

KTM Skid Plate Found

Just throw it in the pile with the KTM kickstands and upper shock bolts. :)

No really! KTM! Imagine that.

surprise! surprise! surprise! 👍

I have never lost anything from my KTM's but ya I have known a few KTM parts to be found on the trail;) This thing looks like a newer OEM skid plate, plain black plastic. It has a cheezy little pin in the front.

Joe.......

I have never lost anything from my KTM's but ya I have known a few KTM parts to be found on the trail;) This thing looks like a newer OEM skid plate, plain black plastic. It has a cheezy little pin in the front.

Joe.......

Don't make me post pix of you trying to litter the trail with KTM parts...

Joe.......

I have one of those in my garage also. I found it at ginger creek but could not find the owner by posting like you did. It does not look like the best design.

Don't make me post pix of you trying to litter the trail with KTM parts...

Ha, I took all my KTM parts with me:eek: I think I found the owner of this skid plate. Funny, I ride with him all the time. Next time we ride JC we can go up Old Ugly then I may be loosing KTM parts:crazy:

Joe......

No really! KTM! Imagine that.

surprise! surprise! surprise! 👍

You know how the state charges a "litter tax" whenever you buy something from a fast food joint like McDonalds? They should do the same thing on KTM sales. :worthy:

You know how the state charges a "litter tax" whenever you buy something from a fast food joint like McDonalds? They should do the same thing on KTM sales. :busted:

I like it!

We wouldn't have to pay a sin :worthy: tax anymore with all that new revenue collected. 👍

Joe.......

Never is a long time, Joe.

I've got pics of you at the 24 on your KTM with no seat and no number plate. Granted, someone else did the wrenching, but they still fell off. Come to think of it, there's a few license plates out there too.........

👍

Never is a long time, Joe.

I've got pics of you at the 24 on your KTM with no seat and no number plate. Granted, someone else did the wrenching, but they still fell off. Come to think of it, there's a few license plates out there too.........

👍

Techical issues? Jay will never live that seat gig down:) I like to stand up but after that lap I realize I don't like to do it for 15 miles in a race even if I am sitting on a hard ass KTM seat. I don't remeber pictures of that seat thing? The plates, well they are not KTM parts:p My 3rd plate is holding up well,,, in my camel back:applause: BTW you know who's skid plate it is?? Funny this pic is from July and he still has his skid plate, small world.

Joe........

DSCN7634.jpg

I don't remeber pictures of that seat thing?

Maybe I can refresh that aging memory a little bit.

They say the mind has a way of blocking out traumatic experiences........

NoSeatJoe.jpg

thought I'd chime in here, being a new KTM owner et al

things I have lost thus far...

upper shock bolt-???

side number plate - found it and was returned by slackinhard

skid plate (found it next lap)

Now...I contribute all those things to my fault of not double checking the bike over or torquing to spec(or using loctite), something I do now every 2nd or 3rd ride and oil change....

It's been long enough. I'll give you $10 for it next time we meet. That's like 2.5 gallons of gas!!!

I lost my side # plate (The side you can't see in the pic) at the last 24 hour, It is still out there somewhere. I bet Scott has a pile of parts he finds out there.

Joe...........

Last night my buddy was over with his '07 300XC and we changed out his wheel bearings and front brake pads. When we finished we fired the bike up and rode it around my cul d'sac a little bit.

When I came home from work tonight I see in my driveway a strange recessed washer and the broken off head of a bolt that fits into the washer. Since all my bikes are Yamahas I know that it couldn't be my stuff so I called my buddy. Sure enough, his kick starter was about to fall off the shaft. 👍

I lost my side # plate (The side you can't see in the pic) at the last 24 hour, It is still out there somewhere. I bet Scott has a pile of parts he finds out there.

Joe...........

The sweet carbon fiber header guard off my Leo Vince exhaust is out there somewhere 👍

The sweet carbon fiber header guard off my Leo Vince exhaust is out there somewhere 👍

Makes for some good traction!

Since all my bikes are Yamaha's I know that it couldn't be my stuff so I called my buddy. Sure enough, his kick starter was about to fall off the shaft. :busted:

The only thing that's fallen off my Yamaha is the damn trail tech kickstand. They suck. OTOH, their eclipse headlight and their rechargeable Li-Ion battery pack are quite good ......... and don't fall off either.👍

Wait, one more thing has fallen off the Yamaha once, maybe twice..... me.:worthy: