Sign in to follow this  

Racing???

So, im pretty sure im going to save up for a crf250r and race it next year. Am i thinking right? ive raced a few times, but not like in a competition or anything. with crowds and such. am i thinking right? or is a crf250r not the best out there

a crf250r is nice

but dont get anything before 08' if you want great reliability

yamaha's are the best for reliability in my opinion.

So if you want, go yz250f.

the 09's are sick

dont get yamaha...

i have had a 04 crf250 06 crf250 and 07 crf250.

still have the 06 and 07 and they are amazing.

my friend has a brand new yzf250 and he got on my 07crf250 and it made him sell his bike.

i have road all the new 250fs and i think you would like the crf250 and the 08 rmz250.

oh and never one valve problem with the honda. i know people say they do but mine have been great.

dont listen to the ppl who say that pre 08 valves will go bad. as long as you take care of it you will be fine. but i would say dont get 04-05 i have heard problems with them

man u will be extremely happy with any modern 250f, i can guarantee that. dont let anyone lead in one direction just cause they have a yamaha or honda. i was in ur same situation last year and i saved up and bought a brand new 2007 crf250r. I am super happy with it, and for all the people who say yamahas are the most reliable are wrong, if u take care of any of these new four strokes they will return the favour and last a long time, but the opposite goes if u dont take care of them. Get what suits u best or really what u can get the best deal on. Or even go for looks man if thats ur last resort on choosing a brand. Just dont get a kawasaki...aha jk there great bikes too lol

yamaha is the most reliable thumper out there

maybe there 2 stroke.....

my friends 07yzf250 sucked!!!!

im not going to say a bike sucks till i ride it or see it first hand. it might just be me and my friends that have owned them that have had them suck for us but i dont know. everytime we would ride the yzf would break. wasnt due to lack of taken care of cause the bike was stripped after every ride and cleaned and oils were changed. im just saying how i have seen the bikes perform first hand man. maybe your bike is doing just fine and maybe mine are too, maybe we just got lucky with are bikes or something.

dont get mad at what i say but im not putting you down im just letting this kid know on what i have seen and what i have owned.

ive just been happy with the quality ive seen from yamaha. i love my bikes. from dirt to street. ive owned a rhino and it was a reliable machine. over 200 hrs on it and never had to adjust the valves or anything.

im just saying that yamaha makes some rock solid machines

yeah, im leaning pretty hard towards honda. i like the looks of them best, and i really like their style. i definitely am getting SS valves no matter what bike i buy

ive just been happy with the quality ive seen from yamaha. i love my bikes. from dirt to street. ive owned a rhino and it was a reliable machine. over 200 hrs on it and never had to adjust the valves or anything.

im just saying that yamaha makes some rock solid machines

how many hours do you have on your yzf?

dude im not saying that all of them are horrible, im just saying what i have seen from them is that they are crappy.

all the bikes these days are amazing but i prefer the hondas and suzuki.

maybe they fixed some stuff for 08 an 09 but the 07 wasnt a good year to me.

its just my thought. people hate hondas and i love them. its all in what you like. i just wanted him to know that hondas are great bikes cause i have road them.

how many hours do you have on your yzf?

dude im not saying that all of them are horrible, im just saying what i have seen from them is that they are crappy.

all the bikes these days are amazing but i prefer the hondas and suzuki.

maybe they fixed some stuff for 08 an 09 but the 07 wasnt a good year to me.

its just my thought. people hate hondas and i love them. its all in what you like. i just wanted him to know that hondas are great bikes cause i have road them.

i bought it used but the kid raced it motox. its an 06

u like honda i like yamaha.

ive owned honda products good bikes, i just prefer the better suspension of the yamaha and the smooth powerband

besides i ride a 450, so i dont know how good crf250's are or yz250f.

👍

okay,

i agree the suspension sucks but a re-valve for my weight and springs will change all that.

okay i call truce! whatever u get just take care of it and it should be dependable as long as its not a ktm:D

good luck on whatever u get

does it really matter what kind of bike you get? its gunna get trashed ether way. so enjoy it while its new.. racing beats your bikes up.. and if its not the racing part.. its that damn c class.. all the modern bikes are better in 1 aspect then the other.. just pick a color.. their that damn close..

owe buy some rad gaurds while your in the shop... ur gunna need um..

josh

a little maintainence and anything can last. btw, im thinking of making my own rad braces and guards. oil changes i guess every ride, air filter every 1/2 ride as usual, and of course valve maintainence weekly. thats pretty much all that will be new.

Just curious but if you are saving up to buy the bike, are you saving up to race it?

Any idea what it costs to race? I can't answer that for you as I don't race. I've looked into a couple harescramble series but the costs are absurd. You have to buy the pass, gate fee, race fee, spectator fee...not to mention the regular fuel and maintenance. I've seen a lot of threads on here about how expensive competitive MX is and I want nothing to do with that!

Just something to keep in mind. Saving up for something to play around on the track is fine but that may factor into your buying process.

Oh, and I agree...get a KTM 👍