Sign in to follow this  

need chinese carb help, walbro carb

im working on a 50cc atv called a dino, i need carb help,

it is flooding bad when i try to start it.

what are these adjustment screws and which one does what?

ktm50motor085.jpg

ktm50motor084.jpg

ktm50motor088.jpg

you can see the 2 red plastic screws which one does what>

any help will be great thank you

when i get it running it runs good at idle and when i gice it full throttle it wants to die unless i let off the throttle asap, any ideas on this chinese stuff?

if its in nutural it will die if you crack it open real quick.how does it do if your riding it?a lot of times these chinese bikes/quads just need a simple needle adj(richer) to make them work better.as for your adj screws i couldn't tell you but if one of them is an idle adj then you should get a reaction out ofone of them

ah. thats just a standard walbro. the screw in the middle is the high speed adjustment, think of that as the main jet. the one nearest the engine is the low speed, or idle/throttle response adjustment. the red caps limit the screws from being richened too much. Its an emissions thing, i have to deal with them all the time on chainsaws at work. you have to work at it a bit, but you can pop the caps off using a sharp pick. they will not be reusable though. from there, tighten the screw to lean or lossen to richen. If you get lost, the typical starting point is at one turn out on both. Also, on those Walbro HDs, the Low speed circuit is dependent of the High speed, so if you can't get the reaction you need out of the low speed, richen the high a bit.

• Like 1

ah. thats just a standard walbro. the screw in the middle is the high speed adjustment, think of that as the main jet. the one nearest the engine is the low speed, or idle/throttle response adjustment. the red caps limit the screws from being richened too much. Its an emissions thing, i have to deal with them all the time on chainsaws at work. you have to work at it a bit, but you can pop the caps off using a sharp pick. they will not be reusable though. from there, tighten the screw to lean or lossen to richen. If you get lost, the typical starting point is at one turn out on both. Also, on those Walbro HDs, the Low speed circuit is dependent of the High speed, so if you can't get the reaction you need out of the low speed, richen the high a bit.

thats awesome thanks, so you are saying remove the red caps and under those i will find the real adjustment screws?