Sign in to follow this  

2005 yz

i am getting off of the yz85 now and moving up to the yz250f because When i am 16 I will no longer be allowed to race the 85 class. i am 5 foot 6 inches and the bike is set up for my dad who is not much taller than me 9 about 4 inches0 but is a lot heavier than me. what type of mods should i do to tame this beast. (the whole bike is stock and i am tippy toed):)

I know someone who is short and races a yz250f. he makes piles of dirt on both sides of his pegs at the starting gates so he can stand flat footed.

he races in arizona. so i have no idea. I don't go to tracks, I do poker runs and find little single tracks through the desert to go bombing through. and very very deep whoops.

what about some wooden blocks. so you want to make your bike slower? you can always gear it up

i don't want to make it slower just maybe find a few cheap things like gearing tips or suspension tips you guys have

I would put all the clickers back to stock.

On the starting gate just get those block things.

Don't worry about "taming" it. Just go easy until you get used to it. It won't be snappy like your 85. It will pull like your 85 all the way off idle until it over-revs.

i don't want to dump the little money i have into it because it is my dads and i am trying to save up for my own but maybe a cheap suspension shop wouldn't be a bad idea