Sign in to follow this  

pe 250

They can be fun bikes.

First, "The Good". No radiators to crush, the pipe runs under the tank so it's hard to dent, the seat is bigger than any new bike so all day rides are possible. They used mostly obsolete RM parts, so you can still buy new pieces. There's several aftermarket companies making plastic and seat covers for them. And Wiesco still sells pistons for them.

"The Bad". The suspension is average to terrible. Forks are easy to rebuild, but if you have "orginal" shocks, plan on buying a new set of Works Performance shocks (for about $400 plus) to fix it.

All in all, it's a good bike that has a power curve that's more 4 stroke than 2. And if you get a clean one, you'll wonder why they don't sell them today.

can you tell me how to post pictures? I'm new to this site and was wondering how to post pictures. Could someone please let me know how so I can post a picture of a pe 250 I just bought and find out what year it was?

can you tell me how to post pictures? I'm new to this site and was wondering how to post pictures. Could someone please let me know how so I can post a picture of a pe 250 I just bought and find out what year it was?

The 10th digit in the VIN also tells you this. Get a photobucket account. Post pictures there. Copy the IMG path and paste it into your post.

heres the bike I just got. i was wondering what year it was so I could buy parts. Also, I'm getting it on Friday so I don't know what the VIN is but where would it be located? Here's the bike:

pe2502.jpg

pe2501.jpg

pe250.jpg

do you guys know of any stores that sell pe 250 parts? im new here and to dirt bikes so I'll probably ask a lot of questions, sorry

do you guys know of any stores that sell pe 250 parts? im new here and to dirt bikes so I'll probably ask a lot of questions, sorry

No, I don't know of any stores that specifically sell Suzuki PE parts. I suggest a google search on the topic. Search for vintage suzuki parts or the like.

I owned a 1982 Suzuki DR500 a year or two ago. These guys were helpful. sales@japmcdismantlers.co.nz

This guy primarily is thumper only but may have some interchangeable stuff. sales@thumperstuff.com

There is a whole vintage section here on TT where they may have better tips for old iron than me.

Your bike looks like a '78 or '79.

Check out your local Suzuki dealership, they may be able to order any part that you need for it. Beyond that, "Vintage Suzuki" (I for get their web address ~ so google it), but they sell some good quality seat covers, side panels and fenders.

At that point you should be able to ride it.