Best for $1,200

DaveJ at smart performance inc. www.smartperformanceinc.com -- just talk to him and him know what you want and pack everything up and send it off ? He will give you the best suspension set up in my opinion. From his trick 215.VM2.K5 fluids to his Dell Taco/Phase 4 valving.

I just can't wait until he finishes up with his testing and I can get the Taco kit for the forks on my bike. And the oil for the forks/shock. (and steering damper)

I think you will get a lot of opinions around here, but you have a fairly large budget.

I would call around to all the major shops and speak with them until you get one you like.

Dave J, while excellent, may not have a ton of arenacross experience just yet.

also, you didn't post your speed/class etc...

Lastly, I would not tell a shop how high your budget is, they may start selling you parts you don't need or want for that matter.

I just can't wait until he finishes up with his testing and I can get the Taco kit for the forks on my bike. And the oil for the forks/shock. (and steering damper)

So, you don't even have the stuff in your suspension yet, but you know it's the best?

Interesting........

I did hear race tech was good. I guess I am lookin for somthin good for the whoops. I guess I would say I am a novice rider. I had a race this weekend I am tired of the stock suspension. I cant wait to get it done. after this my bike will be done.

I have a pro circuit stage 3 head, with the prociruit vales, cam. valve springs, piston, jd ignition, titanium yosh ex., excel wheels, tallon hubs, sunline clutch lever, renthal sproket, twin wall bars, universal tripple clamps, light speed fork gaurds, and to top it of I polished my fram and swing arm to a mirror finish which took 6 hours and all I need is suspension. so thats what my bike is.

I have a pro circuit stage 3 head, with the prociruit vales, cam. valve springs, piston, jd ignition, titanium yosh ex., excel wheels, tallon hubs, sunline clutch lever, renthal sproket, twin wall bars, universal tripple clamps, light speed fork gaurds, and to top it of I polished my fram and swing arm to a mirror finish which took 6 hours and all I need is suspension. so thats what my bike is.

After reading all that you are obviously into the "bling" factor. I'm sure that you can find someone to sell you plenty of it for your suspension too especially for $1200 but if you want really good suspension I'm sure there are several of us on here that can give that to you for way less $$$ or you could DIY with all the good info here on TT:thumbsup:

doc

After reading all that you are obviously into the "bling" factor. I'm sure that you can find someone to sell you plenty of it for your suspension too especially for $1200 but if you want really good suspension I'm sure there are several of us on here that can give that to you for way less $$$ or you could DIY with all the good info here on TT:thumbsup:

doc

X2

so did the sweet motor, cool wheels, and polished frame lower your lap times?

just curious....i ride stock bikes.

heck ya the frame and the wheels made me faster. I herd a gun case is the best to send them off? well I have a race this weekend then when I get back I will send it off. I just got to decide what to get. So what price is cheeper and who then?

heck ya the frame and the wheels made me faster. I herd a gun case is the best to send them off? well I have a race this weekend then when I get back I will send it off. I just got to decide what to get. So what price is cheeper and who then?

I think there are many individuals on this forum who can help you.

most of the people in here who post a lot are tuners, and have a reputable shop.

As for price, if you don't need springs, 200 an end after parts sounds reasonable to me, I may be wrong there, but I personally don't feel its worth more than that.

Ask the tuner you send it to if he thinks its worth it for a DLC shock shaft...and maybe TiN fork legs etc....Personally, I don't think it is, but it looks sweet, and with your budget, is easily within range.

Personally, I am a fan of local companies, they can work with you to get it right, and some will come out and watch you ride, even revalve there at the track.

I would not recommend sending it to FC or PC just because I am a fan of the little guy, FC and PC aren't hurting for business....

• 5 months later...
doesn't matter you wont know the difference anyway

doesn't matter you wont know the difference anyway

THAT was harsh.

There is some good information above. Just start making telephone calls and talk to some tuners. My guy may not be the best, but he's the one I am comfortable talking to.

Oh, and NEVER tell them your budget up front. You can get a good revalve / respring for a lot less than your budget, saving extra money for entry fees!

-Tom

THAT was harsh.

There is some good information above. Just start making telephone calls and talk to some tuners. My guy may not be the best, but he's the one I am comfortable talking to.

Oh, and NEVER tell them your budget up front. You can get a good revalve / respring for a lot less than your budget, saving extra money for entry fees!

-Tom

ok.......then how about mx-tech in AZ.......sure it will be fine