Need Xt200 Carb!

Does anyone have an old xt200 sitting around? I'm in desperate need of a carb from an 82 or 83 xt200. I need a bike to ride to school which starts soon! I've been looking and looking on Ebay for a few months but nothing. Thanks in advance for your help!

I've tried a few with no luck. I've emailed a few online as well who listed xt200 carbs available and I haven't gotten a response

try for a tt225, ttr225 or a xt225 carb. they should fit as well with some minor mods for choke and a bit leaner jetting as it is a smaller displacement.

Can you get by for now by just cleaning and rebuilding your existing carb, or do you have no carb at all?

the problem is I have no idle. The bike runs but the idle is my wrist. The idle adjustment screw is busted off in the carb and I can't get it out. I tried notching it and got a screwdriver in there but the screw just broke again where I notched it. It wouldn't go in far enough to idle so I backed it out and tried again, same thing, so I forced it and it broke and now I'm paying for my stupidity.

the problem is I have no idle. The bike runs but the idle is my wrist. The idle adjustment screw is busted off in the carb and I can't get it out. I tried notching it and got a screwdriver in there but the screw just broke again where I notched it. It wouldn't go in far enough to idle so I backed it out and tried again, same thing, so I forced it and it broke and now I'm paying for my stupidity.

Pick yourself up a set of screw extractors, they work pretty slick, then after you get it out you should be able to pick up a new idle screw from Honda.

Here's what they look like:

http://homerepair.about.com/od/interiorhomerepair/ss/screw_extractor.htm

I know how to use screw extractors. The screw is too brittle (from a keyster kit, that being my first problem) and just keeps breaking. I'll see if I can get it but if I were a betting man, I'd bet it breaks again. We'll see.

If you get it out, you can prolly find a screw with the same threads and grind it into a rounded point. That way you can make it longer than the stock one so it don't bottom out before you get enough idle.

Not a real solution, but have you tried using the cable adjustment? It may help you limp it along until something else gets figured out.

Yeah, it's adjusted all the way out already. I just found out that the tw125 and bw200 have the same carb so that should broaden my search a little.

I have an 1981 XT200 and needed a new carb. I also want a pet unicorn. 

I finally ordered a carb for a Suzuki Quadrunner 250 LT250E 2x4 ATV 1985-1987 because the manifold side was the right size and the airfilter side was close. It took some doing but I got the thing to work and it runs very well except at idle. The idle is very high but when I back off the idle screw it just dies. I dropped the needle as low as possible and things are better but I was hoping someone could help me work the proper jetting. Maybe I just need to fiddle with the idle mixture some more. Any thoughts out there?

Thanks.