KTM newbie

So I'll start with hi. Just picked up a 04 625 SMC, still have a 01 DRZ (S)(for sale) I guess you could say it was an impulse buy and DAMN craigs list. LOL

What can you guys tell me in short form about this bike, and my first stupid question is, what does SMC stand for? Super moto......?

So I'll start with hi. Just picked up a 04 625 SMC, still have a 01 DRZ (S)(for sale) I guess you could say it was an impulse buy and DAMN craigs list. LOL

What can you guys tell me in short form about this bike, and my first stupid question is, what does SMC stand for? Super moto......?

Competition.

Go to AdvRider and read the LC4 index in Thumpers. That will give you lots of useful info. If you don't see stuff on the SMC, SXC is very similar.

I have the sxc, its a awesome bike a little viby but no biggy, def fun on the road but a little heavy in the quick windies but it will be a ton better with the street tires on it, have fun, its a very torquey bike.

I have a cush rear hub (2.5" off a 2001 LC4e) and a second front on my SXC. Sahara's mounted onto then (15/42). Great in the twisties and dry dirt. Second set of dirt Excels with knobbies (15/45). Easy to swap. Would be even easier if the reversible chain adjuster would allow the 42/45 change over without adjusting. Not sure what rear rations you need to make that work.

Epic bike but it's heavy. Thats why I have the 450 EXC too ?