Sign in to follow this  

...::Clutches::...

I am needing new clutch plates badly. I weight 230lbs. and ride from the open roads to very tight technical trails. I was wondering what clutch set would be best for me? Should I purchase some heavy duty springs? Advise would be nice! Thanks!

PS: I ride a yz125

You should at least match a pound per cc!!

I bought a EBC Kevlar with steel plates and this has

been a great clutch. Last long, no fade and some internal

weight to lessen the hit. I take it hit is not your problem.

Maybe you should keep the old clutch and put it in a 250 2t.

I am keeping my 125. I asked for advise on clutches, not cc's. 👍

But thanks. I will look into that!

You cant go wrong with stock. I have used aftermarket clutches befor and have had premature wear caused from the kevlar it will ware out the inner hub and basket much faster than stock.. my .02

Im currently trying the barret kevlar clutch and have to agree. the kevlar holds up to abuse very very well.

Hey guys! I figured that i'd just buy stock. Could I just get it from my local dealer? Or is there somewhere else I could get them? When I call my dealer, what should I say? Hello, I was wondering if you guys had clutch plates and friction plates for a 2000 YZ125?

(What else would I need?)

Thanks for all your help guys!!

Hey guys! I figured that i'd just buy stock. Could I just get it from my local dealer? Or is there somewhere else I could get them? When I call my dealer, what should I say? Hello, I was wondering if you guys had clutch plates and friction plates for a 2000 YZ125?

(What else would I need?)

Thanks for all your help guys!!

You would also need new springs.

OEM is $7.27 a plate from TT OEM store. Steel plates are $4.53 each. Springs are $2.83. $104 for complete OEM kit.

OEM is $7.27 a plate from TT OEM store. Steel plates are $4.53 each. Springs are $2.83. $104 for complete OEM kit.

I asked my local dealer, and I almost craped my pants.. wanna know the total..? 178 BUCKS! RIPPP OFFFFF!!!!

Yeah, unless its an emergency, don't even bother. They are faster than online sources but you pay out the a$$ for it.

The stock plates are really good. I wouldn't start messing with stiffer springs or kevlar sets unless you will be swapping out the clutch basket as well. I like performance after market parts as much as the next guy, but in this case, everything was designed for the stock setup, and it seems to work best.

Barnett and the other after market clutch basket manufacturers recommend a stock clutch and not a Kevlar clutch it will wear the basket out fast First hand experience ..