Sign in to follow this  

my brothers track. I am just learning

hey guys ! you want to see some videos well I have lots. my brother has a 8/10ths of a mile track on his farm with all the bells and whistles. what you will see when you look through my videos are. training days for the kids. pw 50's, xr70, pw80, my brother on his kx250 and me who is just learning to jump on my cr250. enjoy and tell me what you think. also some hill climbs up at trevorton,pa.

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rangerfng&search_type=&aq=-1&oq=

AWESOME VIDS. Where Ashley see's her new bike is my favorite. Then proceeds to drop it first thing. LOL. And where uncle Tommy kicks the cat! HAHA! How old is Matt? My son is 3 1/2. We went and looked at a DRZ 70 saturday. $130 extra for training wheels. Looks like you all are having a blast. I can't wait!!

hahaha yeah. I put a shock x-tender on it to give it a few more inches of travel so now the stand is to short. hahaha. that cat almost got ran over three different times. My son is 7 he is starting late. i blame the dam video games. hahaha . You can get the training wheels cheaper on e-bay. My brother has found that the less gear the better when starting off. rool him down the hill a few times to get use to braking. I would stay away from the training wheels though. Get him to ride a bike w/o first. it will help him greatly. the stock PW 50 is a great starter bike. cheap and bullet proof Good luck and stay safe

Thanks for the input. We looked at the Hondas too. Plus if he ever wanted to actually race it, I was told they really don't have a 70 class? Just a 50 class? I dunno. Haven't really thought that far ahead. I just like the Suzuki's. Fun and saftey are the keys!

Thanks for the input. We looked at the Hondas too. Plus if he ever wanted to actually race it, I was told they really don't have a 70 class? Just a 50 class? I dunno. Haven't really thought that far ahead. I just like the Suzuki's. Fun and saftey are the keys!

you will find the PW50 to be a bulletproof bike. it is easy,safe and cheap. also not hard at all to get more power out of if you need to later on.

HPIM0498.jpg

It was just an EPIC weekend to ride. all the kids were riding and the adults rode later in the night. weather was outstanding. The first night we rode till the sun went down. All i hear now that I am back to work is phantom 2 stroke noises in the distance. hahaha

thats awesome. u have a great view of the mountains btw. i wish i started that young. also do u think you could give me some of the demensions of the jumps. my parents are hiring someone w/ a bob cat to come.

let me get back to you on that one. My brother designed the track to be big and safe at the same time. he is an enginer. I will e-mail him now.

i see you have style:thumbsup:

Hahaha which one of us. My bro is in green. The guy is an outstanding rider and teacher.

thats awesome. u have a great view of the mountains btw. i wish i started that young. also do u think you could give me some of the demensions of the jumps. my parents are hiring someone w/ a bob cat to come.

My brother wrote me this morning. This is what he has to say. It seems that my brothers track is the local favotite. there are class B guys that use his track alot. good luck whit your track when you get it started and post some pictures.

Dude as far as jumps go. The most important thing is how they are made

not necessarily the sizes.

A double jump starts with two big piles of dirt right after a curve so the

speed is not too high also so you dont have to stretch the lander to kingdom come...(lots of dirt)

The first pile needs to be about 4 feet taller than the second. Start off with about 35 feet between the piles.

now fill in between the piles till you are about 6 inches below the lowest pile. Now heres where it gets tricky

The take off jump shape is critical. It is best to use a tracked bobcat. Ride up to the top of the pile and roll the

bucket forward and back blade down the face of the jump. At the bottom trim the bucket till it is

just taking a little off as you ride up to the top, this gives the smooth launch. roll the take off and stretch the

lander way out by back blading it and roll it with the tracks to pack it down. If you have stone and clay like we do

you can pack it down and not have to worry about it, If you have loam or sandy soil good luck.

Tom.

Hey Bro. Just checking to see if you got the info you requested. have not herd from you in a week of so stay safe out there and good luck on your track

Nice videos. I love the "tie the rope to the kid" training method.

It is the best way to go!!!! You want to slow the kid down just pull back on the rope. good exersize too. my brother and I bother ran around the whole track with him 8/10 of a mile. we started woth the go to your uncle method with out the rope and after being plowed over a few times. we figured there had to be a better way. hahaha

Tried sending you a PM, but i wasn't allowed???? I live in north Jersey and ride mostly in the woods. I ride a DR350se and was on wondering what town your in. Maybe we can meet up.

Al.

Tried sending you a PM, but i wasn't allowed???? I live in north Jersey and ride mostly in the woods. I ride a DR350se and was on wondering what town your in. Maybe we can meet up.

Al.

hey AL

not sure why that is, i have my stuff open for everyone to see.

I live in vernon how about you

Again i tried send you a PM and it did not work, so don't know whats going on. do you have an email that i can reach you at, or how about sending me a PM? Me and 3 others are gathering for a ride this weekend. We might be in your neck of the woods. send me your email and I'll give you more details.

Again i tried send you a PM and it did not work, so don't know whats going on. do you have an email that i can reach you at, or how about sending me a PM? Me and 3 others are gathering for a ride this weekend. We might be in your neck of the woods. send me your email and I'll give you more details.

Bummer I am working all weekend. Grrrrrr Rangerfng@aol.com