Sign in to follow this  

KLX140 shock length

I posted this on PM, but it seems like different people are on TT.I spent some time monkeying with the 140 today. I've come to the conclusion that you can go 22mm longer eye to eye on the shock length safely. By safely, I mean that you have about 3/8ths of an inch before the linkage will bottom out against itself with 22mm of additional length. At about 24-25mm of additional length, the shock clevis was coming way too close to a linkage part. I'm thinking that 22mm is right to add the correct ride height, and have everything clear. You want the shock to confine the travel, not the linkage bottoming.

Another thing that may be of some value when building a longer shock is that this standard shock has a longer clevis, by having less clevice, it may be possible to have more shaft. More shaft= more travel in the shock. Overall length just equates to ride height.

If somebody has a way to post pics-- I can send some to post. The bike looks sweet in its' proper stance. Or check it out on PM's Bigger Mini's forum. ---L*64

First off, I can post some pics for you if need be.

I wouldnt mind seeing what type of changes you are

under way with.

I would like to figure out how to Lower the bike about

1 to 1.5" for my 11 year old son.

Will this be a possibility with what you have seen so far?