Sign in to follow this  

Which is faster?

who cares... u can be a shit rider on a fast bike..just cuz the bike is fast doesnt mean u are... and fast as in acceleration? Top speed?

15Or,I believe it revs higher as well.

haha, no. The kx100 is. This question has been asked numerous times, try searching.👍

The KX100 has around 6 more hp, the 150r holeshots a little better but once the KX spools up its bye bye cr.

The KX100 has around 6 more hp, the 150r holeshots a little better but once the KX spools up its bye bye cr.

I didnt know the KX100 had a turbo?

hahaha jk i know what you meant

Like always, it depends on the rider. Either bike can be fastest if ridden correctly. The CRF has less peak power, but a broader power curve. The KX100 has more peak power, but in comparison to the CRF it's peaky, pipey, and difficult to ride fast for a less-than-skilled rider.

It's all about the rider.

i dont know a lot about either bike, but i have to disagree that a 4 stroke can rev higher than a race tuned 100cc 2t, given they are the same relative displacement, but i may be wrong:excuseme:

Like always, it depends on the rider. Either bike can be fastest if ridden correctly. The CRF has less peak power, but a broader power curve. The KX100 has more peak power, but in comparison to the CRF it's peaky, pipey, and difficult to ride fast for a less-than-skilled rider.

It's all about the rider.

+1 👍

it also depends on which bike your coming off of, or rider came off a kx85 2 smoke, he got a 08 crf150r expert to run in supermini, he struggled and struggled with this bike could barely pull faster lap times then his almost factory kx85, and the crf was not stock either hot cam vortech mapping system, holeshot device, mega bomb exhaust with fmf silencer etc etc.

and he could do better in the supermini class on his 85, he then got a mostly stock 06 kx100 and he pulled 3sec. lap times faster on the kx100 his first time out riding it. now put a 112 kit on it and its bye bye.

I would a also say it would depends on the track or where your riding.

but overall i would say for a intermediate rider the kx100 will be a faster bike on any given day.

i dont know a lot about either bike, but i have to disagree that a 4 stroke can rev higher than a race tuned 100cc 2t, given they are the same relative displacement, but i may be wrong:excuseme:
If it were a 125T versus 250F or 250T versus 450F, then yes, the four-stroke revs higher. In this case, they are about the same, I believe both engines rev to around 13,500 or so, and both engines rev well beyond the point where they are making their best power.

Its hard to believe my kx weighs as much as my XR80!

the weight makes a huge advantage in the woods IMO

Expert by far

haha, what do you ride again? Dirt Bike did a test on a works crf150r and cr103(?). They said, in that article, that any 100+cc 2-stroke would be faster, both on a track and in a drag, then the 150r. But you must be an expert (pun intended).

KX100 all the way....given the same rider has any 2-stroke riding experience, faster lap times should be turned in by the KX.

More HP and lighter weight.

The only thing the CRF has going for it is the tractor-like torque curve that anybody with ZERO riding ability should be able to ride.