Sign in to follow this  

got my '09 yz 250 today ~pics

I will get better pic's when my girlfriend brings her digital camera. These were from my phone.

I had to ride it like a granny today (break-in), but, I LOVE IT!!!

yz7.jpg

yz5.jpg

yz8.jpg

It is sooo friggen UGLY!!! J/K

That bike is soo not ugly! Its soo PERDY!

I envy you so much right now, congrats on the choice and the new wheels...*drools* very nice!

I will get better pic's when my girlfriend brings her digital camera. These were from my phone.

I had to ride it like a granny today (break-in), but, I LOVE IT!!!

yz7.jpg

yz5.jpg

yz8.jpg

OUCH BABY OUCH!!!! 👍 now, my bike is a year older :blah:

very nice bike, man!! show some righty-side of it :worthy::busted:

how much did you have it for?

Nice!! Congrats on a sweet new ride. I know you're tempted to go tear it up, but now is the best time to tear it apart and grease everything. It's perfectly clean, so all you have to do is throw some grease on the steering head bearings, swing arm bearings, linkage bearings etc. You don't have to clean it first before adding grease, so this is the easiest that job will every be and it needs it because you know the factory doesn't do a good job. Oh and make sure you put anti-seize on the chain adjuster bolts and the radiator shroud bolts that go in to the gas tank. Then go out to the garage, take a screwdriver and put a nice gouge in one of the number plates. There, now you won't be as mad the first time you drop it and mess something up. Where in Ohio did you buy it and how much did you pay?

talk about skimpy with the graphics. Did they run out of those little yz20 fender stickers? No tank graphics?

Congrats on the bike though.

Thanks all for your comments/compliments and advice!

I will definately take apart the bike over the next couple of days and grease it all up and get that anti-sieze in your reccomended areas.

Do you guys reccomend (as stated in the manual as a step during "break-in") to "remove the top end, and inspect the piston and cylinder. Remove any high spots on the piston with # 600 grit wet sandpaper." ???

Is this something that is very common and should be taken serious, or is this being cautious on Yamaha's part?

I bought it about 30 miles from my house (which is in Brook Park - a suburb of Cleveland) at "State 8 Motorcyle and ATV" (which is in Akron, OH). I paid $6099.00. I'm not sure how good of a deal or not it was, but I really dont care, I just wanted it in my garage ASAP. It seemed fairly compairable to what other dealers were asking, with the difference being the other dealers could not produce one for me till the 2nd week of Sept... So... I just bought it. He threw in 2 free full face mx helmets also cause he delivered it a day later than promised (due to some driver calling in sick on the bikes last leg to their shop from Chicago).

Thanks again...

It sure is a NICE ride!!!!

"you going to tow it with that Camaro?"

LOL! NO!!!

I have a truck for that.

/heh! ~lol

the other side, still from camera-phone. sorry bad quality...

MY DRIVEWAY

yz9.jpg

MY MOMS DRIVEWAY (one place I tow it to for riding)

yz2.jpg

The bike is nice. I have an 07' yz 250. I'm more impressed with 68' camaro conv:thumbsup:

They did cut back on the graphics. Maybe the graphic guy became sidetracked trying to design somethign that did not use the strobe theme? No big deal, I would have gladly traded the "YZ 250" sticker for a quality chain. Hopefully the 09 chain is not the old, cheap one that has been colored gold.

They did cut back on the graphics. Maybe the graphic guy became sidetracked trying to design somethign that did not use the strobe theme? No big deal, I would have gladly traded the "YZ 250" sticker for a quality chain. Hopefully the 09 chain is not the old, cheap one that has been colored gold.

Now I need to remove some of the graphics on my '07 to look current! lol

I bet that the chain is only "better looking" than the previous ones. Save it and the front tire for resale and go w/an O-Ring!

Do you guys reccomend (as stated in the manual as a step during "break-in") to "remove the top end, and inspect the piston and cylinder. Remove any high spots on the piston with # 600 grit wet sandpaper." ???

Is this something that is very common and should be taken serious, or is this being cautious on Yamaha's part?

It's not needed at all.

Nice bike. 👍