Sign in to follow this  

YZ 250 Set-up for FMX

I have a 06' YZ 250, which I want to use for FMX. Does anyone knows what changes or mods. will I need to start. The bike is currently set up for motocross, 13/50 sprocket, FMF shorty silencer w/ stock pipe, Delta force 3 reed's, Uni 2 stage filter & Factory Connection MX suspensions. The bike is fast...

Do you have fat bars? If not go with some mini bend pro tapers, or what I run tusk.(tusk are from rocky mountain and there dirt cheap right now) I have also heard good things about the Travis Pastrana FMX bend by pro taper but I have not tried them. Other then some narrow/tall bars you shouldnt need anything until your ready for grab holes, but dont cut them unless you need them.

really you don't need to do anything to your motor but make sure it's in good running condition. You don't want it bogging at the end of a ramp. I don't think you need to change sprockets. Maybe a new bar and some break away levers would help. Also tie your cables out of the way.

You have to cut the rear fender I think thats it:busted:

That's brilliant. 👍:worthy:

Do you have to be an a$sh013 too or is that only if you are on the Metal Mulisha? :busted:

it just depends on what you can do. the basics would be to trim down the foam in your seat to make it easier to kick your legs over the bike, trim the rear fender to keep from catching your feet when swinging over, grab holes if you can do seat grabs, flip bars when you get there. just take one trick at a time and mod as needed.

i have never ever needed to cut a back fender. if you do need to, your not getting enough extension. that sprocket combo should be good, lots of bottom end. get a nice set of PastranaFMX bars or Tag CR Double-High's. i like them both. mini bends are also good too. the tag mini bend is like the double high's, just a bit thinner. i just cut the ends of the double highs. when you do cut grabs, your gonna want to modify the subframe on the yz.

twbike.jpg

This is my buddy's 06 yz250. You can kinda see how he cut the grab holes.

Sweet graphics. :worthy:👍

OCM Taylors bike looks sick. The dvs graphics looked good too. He has great extension on tricks! Flanker, taking that is your bike in your avatar, wasn't that featured in the march/April edition of mxp? With some Syria chick posing on it?

OCM Taylors bike looks sick. The dvs graphics looked good too. He has great extension on tricks! Flanker, taking that is your bike in your avatar, wasn't that featured in the march/April edition of mxp? With some Syria chick posing on it?

I have the same sailor girl Graphic kit on my YZ.

Yes , she was the calender girl in MXPmag a couple of months ago.

I wish it was my bike lol.

yeah it is a deadly looking bike, what year is it, 02 or 03?

No idea 👍 I just really liked the pic:worthy:

Thats why I like Taylor, his extensions. Sure he doesnt have the best or every trick in the book, but when he starts learning a trick, he doesnt stop until hes really got it nailed. His strippers and cordovas are amazing!

Not to mention hes a really good guy.

yeah his dad seems pretty cool too, he is in on all the conversations in forums. how close are you guys to peoria?

yeah his dad seems pretty cool too, he is in on all the conversations in forums. how close are you guys to peoria?

Im closer to he is to Peoria, Im over off I17 and greenway rd. He lives in Dewey/prescott however.

Cool man. I was just curious cause I have a friend from Peoria. He has a summer home up here and I sold him my old bike.