Sign in to follow this  

R tranny cover on an X

wondering if any year R tranny cover with the sight glass would fit on an 06 450x?

If you are replacing the cover because of a crack,do yourself a favor and get a file out and put a nice big radious on the inside edge of your brake pedal.That will help the new one survive if a rock smashes it into the cases.

Steve

If you are replacing the cover because of a crack,do yourself a favor and get a file out and put a nice big radious on the inside edge of your brake pedal.That will help the new one survive if a rock smashes it into the cases.

Steve

Or lower your brake pedal. I cracked 3 covers before I pulled my head out of my a** and lowered the pedal.No problem since. I think we're getting off topic though. Seems to me he was looking for the little window on the cover:prof:

Just trying to be helpfull,thought he was talking about the tranny side,the sight glass of the R's is on the motor oil side,not the tranny side.Silly me.However,lowering or filing the brake will help him to not need a new tranny cover in the future.I had to learn it the hard way.

i dont really understand what u mean rawly..could u explain a lil more

nd im pretty positive it the sight glass is on the clutch cover which is the tranny side right?

The sight glass is on the ignition side(side where the shifter is), oil side. The clutch cover has no sight glass.

Nj450x,

I was referring to the inside edge of the rear brake pedal.Remove the allen screw that holds the pedal on,and file it where the metal piece that your foot presses down on is rivited to the aluminum arm.File the aluminum.A big hit can smash the lever up into the case,even if the lever is adjusted down.The sharp edges of the lever make it act like a die if you find the right rock.

Steve