Sign in to follow this  

LED Tail Light

Help

I have just added an LED light to my 08 DRZ400 and now my head light will not work, I have checked the fuse as well as the headlight bulb and both are okay... Any thoughts????

you got me on this one

the head light is far from the tail light ( it is like trimming your tow knales and getting a bloody nose )

did you unhook the tail light, see if your headlight returns to normal operation?

The only time I ever seen that happen is if you turn the key to the "park" postion pass run

you got me on this one

the head light is far from the tail light ( it is like trimming your tow knales and getting a bloody nose )

👍:worthy::busted: Now that`s funny.

I would start looking for burned fuses caused by shorting of the tail light wires. That`s a far out shot....but in all....there`s no connection.

Erling

I have looked in line for a second fuse and have not found one I have also taken the head light assembly apart and checked all connections, I am going to try and re wire the factory light to see if that completes has any effect.

I was under the impression that the head light and tail light may be wired in series so as to turn both lights on when the ignition switch is completed?

There is only the one fuse on a stock wiring harness.

The tail light runs directly from the key switch. Completely seperate circuit. Red wire comes in. In the on poistion the orange wire becomes hot as does the Gray (instruments) and the Brown (tailight). Imn the park position, only the Brown is hot. Of course, the Red is alwys hot.

If you have the tailight unplugged, does your headlight suddenly work?

Confirm your brake light works too.

Both high and low are not functioning, everything is still connected I did not even talk the head light out until after it quit working?

Put a meter on the head light plug, Neg to the Black with White stripe, then the other two points (seperately) to your positive (key on) and also flip from low to hi, does the meter respond?

I sincerely doubt anything you did for your tailight is why the head light is not working, just a coincidence.

I have tried the multi meter as suggested with no current. I have also tested the switch and there is also no current there, the tirn signals and horn are both hot?