Sign in to follow this  

Good bye!

.. to all of your here at the XRR/XRL forum. I sold my Plated XR650R on Saturday. I just couldn't put it to good use; I was mostly just crusing around the streets, and desparately trying to find more that 1 or 2 minutes of dirt trails.

In the end, it was a 'farewell' to a bygone era of torque-monster heavy-weight motorcycles.

I just bought a new work truck, and it just didn't seem right having two bikes in the garage, niether of which get ridden enough.

I will continue on with the 450X, and maybe even a full-blown red-sticker bike in the fall.

Later!

ALIM0005.jpg

Looks like a nice bike... if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get for it? Street legal XR's in CA are rare, indeed... did your plate get revoked too?

Dang-it Krannie! I was lookin' forward to eventually meeting you at one of the SoCal camp-ride-shoot get togethers.

Don't think it's etched in stone anywhere that you've gotta be a card carrying BRP owner in good standing to hang around the forum, and I'm pretty sure that other XR owners could benefit from your input and experience.

Don't be a stranger.👍

Dang-it Krannie! I was lookin' forward to eventually meeting you at one of the SoCal camp-ride-shoot get togethers.

Don't think it's etched in stone anywhere that you've gotta be a card carrying BRP owner in good standing to hang around the forum, and I'm pretty sure that other XR owners could benefit from your input and experience.

Don't be a stranger.👍

Naa, he's OK, I will vouch for him.

Krannie, if you are ever get the itch for some seat time on an XR, we can swap out. The secret riding spot up by XXXXX just south of XXXXXXX is only XX minutes from our neck of the woods.

that's just not what you needed to do. The solution is never to sell the bike. The solution is to move closer to the riding! At least that's what I did.

As soon as it cools down some in the dez, I'm planning on some 300+ mile dual sport weekends riding from my garage.

Naa, he's OK, I will vouch for him.

Krannie, if you are ever get the itch for some seat time on an XR, we can swap out. The secret riding spot up by XXXXX just south of XXXXXXX is only XX minutes from our neck of the woods.

I know that spot!

I will have a plated bike soon. Not a BRP.