Sign in to follow this  

twin exhaust slip on's

hey guys, im looking for a set of twin slip ons that will give me a bit more power (specifically a bit more bottom end and no nessecary top end change) that sounds nice. i want slip ons because i really dont want to go all out and dish out 800 bucks for some bent pipe, even if it does help. i want my bike to sound different and get some bottom end grunt in the tight stuff. the crf 250r was meant to be ran twins...or else it just doesnt look like a crf! any help is appreciated! thanks

hey guys, im looking for a set of twin slip ons that will give me a bit more power (specifically a bit more bottom end and no nessecary top end change) that sounds nice. i want slip ons because i really dont want to go all out and dish out 800 bucks for some bent pipe, even if it does help. i want my bike to sound different and get some bottom end grunt in the tight stuff. the crf 250r was meant to be ran twins...or else it just doesnt look like a crf! any help is appreciated! thanks

Well, I don't know how much power gain your going to get out of slip on duals, if any power at all. I would say ditch the duals and go with a full MRD exhaust system for $400-$430 that will give you a great power gain. Dave @ MRD will make the pipe have bottom end gains just how you want it. One plus of a single exhaust is that you can get more power from a single than a dual. If you're set on a dual exhaust system, then sorry for wasting your time, but give the 'more power' of the single a thought.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know how much power gain your going to get out of slip on duals, if any power at all. I would say ditch the duals and go with a full MRD exhaust system for $400-$430 that will give you a great power gain. Dave @ MRD will make the pipe have bottom end gains just how you want it. One plus of a single exhaust is that you can get more power from a single than a dual. If you're set on a dual exhaust system, then sorry for wasting your time, but give the 'more power' of the single a thought.

im starting to shy towards the single idea. right now its performance and price VS looks its a pretty obvious winner here. so mrd would be the best bet for me?

im starting to shy towards the single idea. right now its performance and price VS looks its a pretty obvious winner here. so mrd would be the best bet for me?

Yes, especially since you said you didn't want to spend a ton of money. MRD makes as much, if not more power than the other big brands with a smaller price tag. Also, MRD exhaust systems come with a lifetime warranty, so if you break it, it gets fixed free of charge. Most will recommend the $430 Pro Comp system because they think the normal system is a bit too loud, but thats a personal preference. Since you ride trails I take it from the "tight stuff" quote, I would go with the Pro Comp.

k, i dont really ride trails too much but i mean i want a bit more power in the tight corners in the tight technical tracks. i dont mind spending a bit more to quiet it down a bit, i ride track 85% of the time but im not one of those kids who thinks "louder is better". is it possible to anodize the procomp tip for the 10 bucks? cause i think the procomp looks a little plain compared to the normal. is there any other difference in power by going procomp?

Oh ya and should i re-jet? if so can you please tell me the reccomended jets?

k, i dont really ride trails too much but i mean i want a bit more power in the tight corners in the tight technical tracks. i dont mind spending a bit more to quiet it down a bit, i ride track 85% of the time but im not one of those kids who thinks "louder is better". is it possible to anodize the procomp tip for the 10 bucks? cause i think the procomp looks a little plain compared to the normal. is there any other difference in power by going procomp?

Oh ya and should i re-jet? if so can you please tell me the reccomended jets?

im sure Dave will anodize the tip for you and i dont think you have to re jet but your gonna have to ask Dave on that one

Just talked to dave and hes going to build me a pro comp tommorow for mid-high. he expects it will be shipped tommorow too. sweeeet:worthy: 👍

ill put up a ride report once i get it!