Sign in to follow this  

please help me find a '96 or newer Xr250 engine

I'm looking for a '96 or newer XR250 engine to swap into an '03 YZ250F roller. The swap looks like it will be a slam-dunk and I'd REALLY like to build a trailbike with an XR engine in a modern chassis. But I've got to find an engine first. I'd obviously like to find one that's running or at least in rebuildable condition, but I would be almost as happy if I could get my hands on a wrecked engine that I could use for mock-up. Anyone?

Yeah, thanks. I've been looking but I've had some awful experiences buying dirt pike parts on ebay. I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out deals, but I'm striking out. Tempted to buy a bike and part it out. I'm just short on time and space.

Yeah, thanks. I've been looking but I've had some awful experiences buying dirt pike parts on ebay. I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out deals, but I'm striking out. Tempted to buy a bike and part it out. I'm just short on time and space.

Yup, I hear ya! I'm always a bit nervous buying engines on ebay but it certainly helps if the price is right or the engine looks nice and clean from a low mileage/hour bike.

It's funny. I've bought and sold a lot of stuff online and on ebay, and I've done alright on almost everything BUT used dirt bike parts. I'd feel better if I could just find a TT member who's willing to part with an engine...