Sign in to follow this  

Looking for riders in The Dalles area

Hey everybody! I just moved here to The Dalles for work from up north and I'm lookin for a new group to go riding with! I'm a decent rider and can keep up through the rough stuff pretty good. I had some killer under-the-radar trails to ride and a good network of solid riders back in college in Chico, CA but getting moved around with work requires me to start all over:cry:

I'm ultimately looking for singletrack epic riding and I understand that it takes one a while to establish good riding buddies and gain trust with people to show you the killer spots but I figured I'd give a shout out and introduce myself if nothing else!:busted:

I have some friends from college as well as a buddy up north looking to rendezvous in my area sometime in Sept for a reunion ride so any ideas on places to camp and ride that are worth friends driving a long distance would be great too!!

Thanks guys and hopefully we can get some good riding in!!👍:worthy::blah::D

I'm ultimately looking for singletrack epic riding

Sounds like you are looking for the GP. Its just across the river (about 1 1/2 hr) from you and open to ride all summer.

Lots of killer single track with epic views.

Sample of what you will find.

hamalitan%201.jpg

What is up Gorge Guys?

Everything is closed for Fire Restrictions?

Where are you all riding at?

*Bumping*

What is up Gorge Guys?

Where are you all ridin

*Bumping*

They dont like you 👍

What is up Gorge Guys?

Where are you all riding at?

As far as trail riding, usually GP!

They dont like you 👍

Hahaha, yeah. I won't be able to make it out that direction until October sometime probably. Sounds like I may have someone to show me around a little bit then, but I'm busy all through Sept.

Trying to hook up 4x4x with someone to ride with. Sounded like he's been stuck in an unfamiliar area with guys from work who ride quads.

See you this weekend, hopefully.

Definatly Sunday at Ginger Creek .. 9:30 am.... trying out my new - old 300 mxc,, 2002. Bought it from a bud in ILL 10 months ago, finaly found the time required to get it running again. We will see........

BTW.. my wife had an apendectime sat night ...

You are coming ... right ?

Thanks for the help ORrooster!

That is a killer pic nw scout! What is the GP? An OHV area?

I get my new place on Friday, so I'm gonna drive up north and grab my bike/gear and some tools and a handful of clothes to throw in the closet...ya know, all the essentials for moving into a new place.👍

I won't be back until Sunday so riding is out this weekend:censored: Trails should be nice with this rain tho!!

So I need to get a permit to ride out here it looks like right? Is that in addition to registration on the bike, like if my bike is registered in WA? Which reminds me, I still need to do that...👍

Hi 4X4X I live in The Dalles also. I ride a lot of single track. But because of the summer closer problems have had to travel some to ride. If you would like we could git together for a ride or chat. Email at aasales@embarqmail.com or call 541-296-1886, ask for Ervin.

BTW.. my wife had an apendectime sat night ...

You are coming ... right ?

OH DAMN 👍 !... How is she doing? Anything we can do to help out?

We will be there. Not staging out of Ginger Creek though. We'll be camped out on the East side somewhere. Hopefully near the Kid's Loop.

With any luck, we'll see each other... otherwise, have a safe/fun ride... and we'll do a trip another time.

Thanks for the help ORrooster!

That is a killer pic nw scout! What is the GP? An OHV area?

No problem, hope it works out for you.

GP is Gifford Pinchot National Forest/OHV area. Haven't been myself but looks to be awesome riding, definitely a favorite of a lot of guys.

nw scout is an incredible photographer, being in the PNW with awesome backdrops I'm sure helps too.

Your WA tag will be fine, when it expires get an OR OHV tag... $10.50 at most bike shops or little stores by way of riding areas.

Well i don't have a WA tag, just an expired CA tag...so if I understand correctly, I don't need to register my bike through the DMV or anything, just pay $10 to a moto shop and get a tag and thats cool for WA and OR?? Sorry i'm new here:thumbsup: What about my CA title and all that crap? It would seem to me like I would need to register it through a DMV then get a tag also? Shoot I don't know I'm still gettin used to the "no pumping your own gas" thing haha.

Well, if you've got a plate... then you will definitely need to register the bike in OR.

As far as the title swapping... I don't think you need to switch that, but don't really know.

Yes, pick up an OR OHV tag and stick it to the fork tube... technically, you're supposed to keep the paper part with you too... but, they've never checked that on any of mine... just check the sticker. It is good for 2 years, and will be good for riding in WA and a couple other states if you end up traveling within the PNW... not 100% on which ones... but 100% on WA/OR.

Well I'll just register it in WA and get that OR sticker whatever............

I'm up north now, my bike is prepped and ready to go, I could use a new right footpeg but I've put a lot of miles on this broken one so it ain't no biggie to go on another ride I figure...

I'll be back Sunday and definitely will be ready to rock next weekend, who's game??!!!!!!!! If I ain't riding I'll have to resort to flyfishing on the Deschutes and christening my new place with a drunken BBQ!! I'd rather do all three tho:busted:

I already have a perfect place picked out in the living room on the cheetos barf-colored shag carpet for the KTM 👍 Can't wait till the place smells less like a meth-lab and more like a garage hahaha

Once I get moved in I plan on throwing down a couple sheets of plywood on top of a tarp and turning the second bedroom into the moto-wrench room. Stereo with ipod hookup, TV with Dust to Glory playing in the background to motivate, ya know...of course some offroad posters on the wall. I'll post pics when I get my new "shop" set up so you guys can submit proposals to your wives:busted:

dust to glory, kinda like a modern day on any sunday. i used to be a crew chief for these guys before the house market went kpow---100_0492.jpg

Anyone riding this weekend? The bike is here:ride:

Hey how about 40 to 50 miles of single track? Leave hood river around 8:30.

I will pm you. We don't want to invite everybody........

Hey how about 40 to 50 miles of single track? Leave hood river around 8:30.

I will pm you. We don't want to invite everybody........

Does that mean that you are not going to invite me, Mr. Fish?