Sign in to follow this  

New rear brakes noisy

I replaced my rear brake pads yesterday straight forward job no problems with the install......but when I drive my bike the brakes sound like a garbage truck when stopping.only about the last 4 or 5 feet......got pads from suzuki

Did I miss something? .............or should I buy a better aftermarket pad:excuseme: anyone have the same problem!!!

Is ur rear disc worn down? if it is the pads will need time to seat into the disc. if not. take the pads out. soak it in water and sand the surface down with abrasive papers. should work. else get other brand of pads. Braking works fine for me. EBC is grippy but noisy. (Sintered pads)

It's fairly normal for new pads to squeal a bit when new, some are worse than others. This can be simply because they're new or it can be caused by dirt or oil on the pads or disc, even a little can make them noisy. Usually they will quiet down as the pads seat to the rotors and any contamination wears off.

There are a couple things you can try to help them quiet down quicker. You can sand the pads as mentioned above, you can clean the rotors with brake cleaner or alcohol, you can heat them up by finding a long hill and dragging the breaks to cook them clean, or you could use a product like disc brake pad grease. The grease is applied to the back of the pads, not on the braking surface, and just keeps the pad from chattering and vibrating. Do not use ordinary grease, it can melt and get on the braking surface.

Assuming your rotor is good, this is caused by an excess brake dust as the pads wear in.....but some pads are just plain noisy throughout their life....e.g. sintered pads:eek:

So....what's a guy to do:.....👍

Well, go to WalMart or Auto Zone & buy a can of some spray brake cleaner.

Squirt in around the disc & near the pads & wipe the disc with a clean rag to remove some of the brake dust.:busted:

You can also spray a bit more on the pads & ride slowly with the brake applied to help remove some of the excess dust & to clean the pads. Then stop & wipe the disc clean once again.

Another thing you can do after cleaning up the excess brake dust it to apply the rear brake harder when you use it as this will allow the pads to cut thru the dust & grab the disc harder............try it out, I think that you will be please that you will hear less noise upon use.

I hope this helps:thumbsup:

HappyRiding !!

:worthy: