Sign in to follow this  

looking for rear fender rack

hey guys picked up an 87 xl600r and i am starting to do some mods would like to know if anyone makes a rear rack that bolts on so i can mount a top box. any help would be great Thanks dave

How big of a tool box???

Have you seen the tool bags that mount to the fender?

I have this one http://cycleracks.com/.

+ Its large and good for bulky items.

- will bruise thigh when putting foot down in tight areas and save moves.

+ keep stock tool bag.

- Its BIG.

+ Great grab handles for man handling the bike.

Gosh darn the luck, Once again I don't have pictures of the exact one but here is the Rack for the DR650, Its also available for the XR650. There is nothing like it on the market that I could find. It has a very cool locking plate that hold the bags on. The image shown is of an unfinished bare aluminum version. It will also be available in anodized or powder coated colors to match the bike. As you can see its also shown without the bags. Also the blinkers have been relocated to stay legal with the vehicle code saying they have to be 11" apart.

DSCI0018.jpg

I saw a great rack on ebay today.. it also has and option side rack that you could use to support saddle bags and or will add protection when you dump the bike over.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XR-650L-Rear-Utility-Rack-Honda-XR650L_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ007QQitemZ170252126195QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I have the set and can attest to their good build quality. Also, those side rails really make it easier when you are looking for something to grab hold of when lifting your bike back up from a knock-down. Plus they give you plenty of "bungee hooking" places.

I got mine at xrsonly dot com

but I'm really diggin that one reptile411 posted a pic of - I like the way the top has those notches in it - looks like it's made to have a trunk locked onto it.

I'd like a case/trunk that has dimensions about 1" all the way around larger than an 18 pack of my favorite beverage! 🤣:p

Turbocity used my bike as pattern to make this rack:

P1000007.jpg

P1000008.jpg

Check them out. Powdercoated, good size, strong.