Sign in to follow this  

Gas leaking from vent hose..

Hey guys, i got a 2005 DRZ 110 and im having a problem with it leaking gas from the vent tube, it is a steady stream that poors out if you turn the gas on, and it stays consistant. Im thinking that i have to adjust the floats? Can you describe how to do that.. or direct me to another thread that has how to do it. Thanks

Also whats the proper gap for the piston ring?

first of all, do you have a stock carb, because the stock carb's float is non adjustable. it may be fliped upside down however. also there is a screw with an o-righ behind it near the bottom of the carb on the left side i believe that may need to be tightened

The float needle can get stuck/blocked open, causing the flooding. Pull the bowl off and make sure the needle and seat are clear and not dirty or sticky.

Thank you guys, ill pull the carb back off tomorrow and check those 2 points.

Now i also have a problem with it burning oil, my first guess was that the piston rings where worn, so i got the new rings and gaskets for the head. I started to disassemble to head (btw, this is the first time iv opened a 4 stroke) and relized that i cant pull it off because of the cam chain. So if you can direct me to a previous thread on how to take the cam chain off and do the piston rings it would be much appritiated, or if its not to much trouble describe the procedure to me. Thanks for the help 👍

pull the carb apart and clean the piss outta it....inspect it all and put back together if it all looks good.

should fix it