Sign in to follow this  

Update On "Allergy Dog"

Rally is back at home now. She went to stay with family in Stillwater.

After the steroids, shampoo, revolution, antibiotics and everything else under the sun that was tried and is still in process...she came home saturday after being away for a few weeks on a farm with a pond.

Her hair has grown back in all of the bald bloody patches, with the exception of her chest which is still coming in.

He looks great and is in great shape! WOW can she catch a frisbee and swim!

However. It is some sort of grass allergy, as she was removed from the carpet and cats. She still has the tiny red pimple looking things all over her belly and arm pits, but they are not bad.anymore-Yet. I think as long as she has the oatmeal bathes, benadryl and an occasion shot for allergies I can keep this thing under control, it just got way out of hand when it got infected and she was beyond my help at home.

So, she is back to her old self again, soft and fluffy and destroying things as usual, but I'm carefully going to watch her skin everyday. I'll have a good pic up soon. i had really lost hope there for a minute. thanks everyone for your help

edit added a picture

wow thats nice to know even tho you shot my ideas down and rudely posted bad gas in my gas tank. Dogs happy now thats all i care but not your stress

• Like 1

HM!!! It's me!! Good to hear about your dog.👍

OK, so... I have a question for you.. were you at a mini's race by any chance this weekend?

glad to hear your dog feels better, that's cool you found a place she could go spa for a few weeks

well it's about time ... j/k!

hehe

glad to hear Rally is doing better ... buffy & i will keep our "paws" crossed for yas

>:-)

I am glad to hear you pup is better. I too have a pretty little girl named Chloe who has faught allergies her whole life and it kills me to see her uncomfortable. She is a Jack Russell and I have tried everything for her. I just got back from the Vet with Prednisone and antibiotics. If you dont mind me asking, what type of shots are you using and how have they worked?

YAY! I'm so happy she's feeling better! You have to post some current pics of her.

Awesome, my dog has had bad skim and allergy problems the last year and I understand the battle you went through. And I understand how awesome it is when you see them feeling better! They act like a puppy again, it's adorable!