Sign in to follow this  

Wiseco High Compression Piston in a CRF230

I want to put a Wiseco High Compresstion Piston in my CRF230 for a little more power and I was wondering can I still run pump gas? 93 Octane? Also will there be a quite bit more power with it? I have a BBR cam in it and ported cylinder head in my 230 already.

I was wondering the same thing. I bought the Wiseco 11:1 comp piston for my dad's 230 but I haven't put it in yet. My thoughts are that a stock CRF450R runs 12:1 compression and a stock KX250F runs 13.5:1 compression so I think the 11 to 1 should be fine on 91 octane but I want another opinion.

I did the Wiseco piston and a cam once you get the jetting right it will be a different bike.

yeah but do you run pump gas?

I wouldn't call the wiseco a high comp, more of a mid comp. I put it in my bike with the BBR cam and heavy duty springs, damn good improvement and yes, still runs on 91 octane pump gas without pinging/detonation ect.....

Sorry I do realise how old this thread is, but can somebody tell me where I can order one of these? and another noob question will I need to bore? Thanks in advance.

Sorry I do realise how old this thread is, but can somebody tell me where I can order one of these? and another noob question will I need to bore? Thanks in advance.

any dealer can order this for you.

the TT store has them as well..

you will not need to bore, you will need a light hone though so the new rings seat.

you probably wont experience any performance gains and possibly some performance loss by just putting the piston in. You need at least a mild cam to see some benefits.

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah I was thinking about going with the BBR cam and this piston. However I'm still undecided between that setup or just going with a bore kit.

the bore kit is alot more $$ since you have to get the cases machined and get it bored, and still have to buy everything needed to put the motor back together.

even still, the BBK wont be at its full potential unless its paired with a good cam.

• Like 1

Cool man, thanks for the info that'll give me something to think about for the rest of the night.