Sign in to follow this  

Axle and peg sliders for S?

I'd like to add sliders to my S but everything I find seems to be for an SM.

Will SM sliders work on an S? The pegs arethe same, right?

Where is everyone getting their sliders?

Thanks!

order the 2008 axel sliders directly from Suzuki. They are OEM parts. Then do the slider mod so they hold up better. The S and SM will have no difference for the sliders.

i have them on my e model (same thing) they do fit, but you have to switch the order a lil bit. like front left on rear right or somthing like that. Work good tho, I'll take some pics tonight

Will it protect the bike a bit if laid down? Never used them before? I laid my bike down in the dirt 2 weekends ago. Nothing major. Scratched the tail pipe and side panel, peg a bit, bar end, mirror and front fender. I repainted the tail pipe, cleaned up my side panel with steel wool (it was already flat black from wool for that reason). The mirroe was minor but I have a nice little scuff on the blue front fender. Nothing that looks bad, just a couple little battle scars. I'm just curious if the pegs would keep the bike up off the ground enough so that none of the panels and such would hit.(flat ground that is) Even a little bit of extra protection is worth it to me.

Yeah On Flat It Helps A Lot, Off Road, No Guarentee

As an SM rider who rides and races supermoto tracks with tarmac and dirt sections, I can confirm that they help on tarmac but just hinder IMO on dirt.

Crashes/slides on tarmac they slide as they should and protect the bike, but on the dirt they tend just to dig in and can bend/break off.