Sign in to follow this  

Freedom!!!!

Well, kind of, I guess. :worthy:

My cast is off. However everything is very, very, very weak and tender. My hand is still pretty swollen. Not sure if it's because there is no compression on it or what. But I am thrilled the doctor let me out after 5 weeks of healing. I go back in 3. I cannot believe how quickly everything deteriorates when it is immobilized. Last night I tried to flip the bird and nearly cried...for a couple of reasons! I really wanted to be able to use that middle finger!!! :busted: And it hurt to even try to rotate it. The part that feels the best is where I broke it.

But the good news is the doctor wants me to be aggressive in trying to get mobility back. My friend asked me if the doctor knew who he was talking too? hahaha but I used that statement as a segue.

"No problem in working to get things moving because there is a race in September that I want to participate in."

"What kind of race?"

*Super sweet innocent tone and bright smile* "Motocross."

He chuckled a bit and then went through his speech of how I would be at a higher risk of refracture for the next month or two. But he never told me no or that I shouldn't. In fact he was pretty jovial about it.

Sierra was thrilled "we going riding tonight mom?" 👍 Ah, no. I am going to wait until Wednesday evening and then try to just tool around the parking lot. I am not sure if I should ride the TTR or my YZ. Benefits for either. I am just worried I'll get stupid on the TTR. Last night I tried to grip the throttle and it was ouchy. I think everything will be moving better in a day or so. I cannot wait to ride.

A friend of my son's cracked off the end of his knuckle, and later when he got the cast off and screws removed (and we wanted to take him riding) his mother was surprised by the doc saying that riding(somewhat "easy"trail riding)would be good for him getting his hand back into shape 👍 The doc just said "no jumping", heh.

Yaaaaayyyyy!!! When are we going riding???

I'll be at Azzie tomorrow night! Probably 4:30-5ish till whenever. 👍

Super for you!! Iroc's prolly reading this thinking 'b*tch!' 👍

Cori, your day will come... right about the time you feel like you have been in a cast your whole life. :busted:

I'll let up on the ribbing once you can out-run me again... I promise! :worthy:

:worthy:

...preetttttttty much...

Have fun and for god's sake be careful!

Cori, your day will come... right about the time you feel like you have been in a cast your whole life. :busted:

I'll let up on the ribbing once you can out-run me again... I promise! :worthy:

...preetttttttty much...

Have fun and for god's sake be careful!

Now that's not very nice! I wasn't saying bad words in my cast... well about you all anyways! :blah:

Did you sniff your hand as soon as you got the cast off?? Mmmmm yummy!

Eeeeewwww! That is SO nasty!!!

Did you sniff your hand as soon as you got the cast off?? Mmmmm yummy!

Take it easy and be careful.👍

Of course I did! But it wasn't as bad as it could have been. What is more tasty is the cadaver skin I got goin on....that, is really sexy.:worthy:

Bet it feels great!

I rebroke my arm within 3 weeks of getting the cast off (well, I knocked the "callous" part off the healing break) so DO be careful.