Sign in to follow this  

Dune riding

hey guys im down in the oregon dunes right now ( it is sick btw) and what should my front and back tire pressure be? i have a 6 paddle on the back.

dang, thats some high pressures for the dunes! Thats the kind of pressure i'd run on a sandy harescramble track like the one at havasu...

Make sure your beadlocks are in and run 8 in the front and 4 to 6 in the rear... the lower pressure you run in the front, the better the bike will track in the dunes, but too low and you will pinch flat and the tube will slip, breaking off the valve stem... With a 19" tire, I'll run very little air with two beadlocks - with an 18" rear tire, you need the air or it will come off the bead. If there are rocks, then you might want to run more air - if its just sand then air down - no rim trouble there, just possible tube trouble!

Go ahead and experiment... its easy to take air out a little at a time while you are out riding...

Man, I wish i was up at the oregon dunes right now! I might have to trek out to walden this weekend to get my sand fix!

dang, thats some high pressures for the dunes! Thats the kind of pressure i'd run on a sandy harescramble track like the one at havasu...

Make sure your beadlocks are in and run 8 in the front and 4 to 6 in the rear... the lower pressure you run in the front, the better the bike will track in the dunes, but too low and you will pinch flat and the tube will slip, breaking off the valve stem... With a 19" tire, I'll run very little air with two beadlocks - with an 18" rear tire, you need the air or it will come off the bead. If there are rocks, then you might want to run more air - if its just sand then air down - no rim trouble there, just possible tube trouble!

Go ahead and experiment... its easy to take air out a little at a time while you are out riding...

Man, I wish i was up at the oregon dunes right now! I might have to trek out to walden this weekend to get my sand fix!

Come out September 18th through the 21st......I will be out there and you can show me how it is done!

Oh, you must not be getting big enough air if you are running that low of pressure.👍

Come out September 18th through the 21st......I will be out there and you can show me how it is done!

Oh, you must not be getting big enough air if you are running that low of pressure.:blah:

👍 Y, or i'm jst used to landing on a flat tire by now :busted: We'll make it out there someday - the oregon dunes look great. We'll be out at little sahara in sept (oklahoma) :worthy: