Sign in to follow this  

Dont For Love Of God Attend Wyotech Daytona

I am a current student and all tis school cares about is your money. Once they have made their lying sales pitch to get you down here. They have the worst rude staff i have ever meet. These people don't give a flying f:mad: k about you or your problems. My father had lost his job and i can't afford the school anymore. he cant find work any where and i need to get home and help out so they tell me all they'll do is give me an incomplete even though i completed 6 of the 9 months. Which when i signed up was their core program they won't give me a diploma. Then i went to their caree service department they told me they wouldn' t do s:mad: t for me because i wasn't a graduate. wow they really care about me and my family to help me get a job. But they help me with finace department. For the money this place is not worth the 21 grand and yo don't get a cert.

Well, 21K sounds pretty steep for a 9 month course. It sucks that they won't help you...but, really, what did you expect them to do? Give you a cert. if you did not complete the course? What if a nursing school did that?

I'm not trying to poke you with a stick, honestly....but be realistic about your expectations.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks that you are having a tough time finishing the school - but try to see it from the other side before you go off...They are running a business and providing a service. You pay for the service. Who cares if the teachers are rude. They are not there to stroke you. My professors in college were mostly douche bags. Big deal. A university will treat you the same way. Your right, they don't care. They don't have to. The world is a cruel place my friend.

Have you tried to get a loan? Have you written a letter to the dean of admissions? Maybe they will allow you to take a leave of absence and return next year to finish.

Think outside the box, and if it something that you truely desire, you will figure out a way. Good luck man.

all they'll do is give me an incomplete even though i completed 6 of the 9 months

That is what incomplete means. You should be happy, because in that situation, an incomplete is a good thing. Doesn't that mean that you are allowed to come back and finish it? The only other thing they could have done was failed you, and you would have to start all over.

Well, 21K sounds pretty steep for a 9 month course. It sucks that they won't help you...but, really, what did you expect them to do? Give you a cert. if you did not complete the course? What if a nursing school did that?

I'm not trying to poke you with a stick, honestly....but be realistic about your expectations.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks that you are having a tough time finishing the school - but try to see it from the other side before you go off...They are running a business and providing a service. You pay for the service. Who cares if the teachers are rude. They are not there to stroke you. My professors in college were mostly douche bags. Big deal. A university will treat you the same way. Your right, they don't care. They don't have to. The world is a cruel place my friend.

Have you tried to get a loan? Have you written a letter to the dean of admissions? Maybe they will allow you to take a leave of absence and return next year to finish.

Think outside the box, and if it something that you truely desire, you will figure out a way. Good luck man.

+1

6/9 courses is NOT a completion. That's a 66% completion rate, which is a D+. You can't honestly expect them to just say, "oh, I'm really sorry you're having hard times, would you like the 'I have hard times Deploma'?" If you don't complete the courses, then you don't get the cert. Simple as that. I'm not trying to be mean here, but like 2stoketim said, you have to have realistic expectations. The MOST I would even ask for is a continuation, so you can come back at a later time and complete your classes when you can afford it.

A college or university would do...THE EXACT SAME THING.

it is true, if you dont complete a program for any reason you cannt really expect to get any kind of certificat of completion.

still a bummer though for your dad.

Too bad you can't afford to finish. That's a tough situation for any family. But do you really expect the school to just pass you? Sorry if reality was a slap in the face.

What you don't understand is that a six month course exsists and they won't switch me im not

crying like a little girl here. I don't need them to just pass me i have 95% gpa and perfect attendance. they just want my money

That is what incomplete means. You should be happy, because in that situation, an incomplete is a good thing. Doesn't that mean that you are allowed to come back and finish it? The only other thing they could have done was failed you, and you would have to start all over.

+1 👍

What you don't understand is that a six month course exsists and they won't switch me im not

crying like a little girl here. I don't need them to just pass me i have 95% gpa and perfect attendance. they just want my money

Yes, but a six month course more than likely is a different (potentially more accelerated) program than you're attending and probably in six months you cover all of the coursework necessary to fulfill the 6 month (or maybe even 9 if it's accelerated) requirements. If you've completed six of a 9 month course, you probably haven't completed the same amount of things that happen in the 6 month course. Ever think of that?

i second dont spend money at wyotech, i went to laramie wy for autobody and restoration, the knowledge is basic and not worth the money they lie to you and when i was there they fired 8 staff for lieing to the students, if you know anything at all about the field you want to go in before you attend you know more already then they will teach

tell all your friends not to waste money and time

A college or university would do...THE EXACT SAME THING.

If you are a good student most colleges would do what they could to keep you. Work-study, scholarships, grants... I had some hardships in college and my school (Thiel) essentially gave me a bunch of free money to keep me as a student. It cost them a couple of grand, but they made it back in the long run. I sincerely doubt any tech school will go to these lengths.

Listen to WB450. Stick it out the last three months. Get a part time job (I ended up working three) - that McDonalds on Int'l Speedway Blvd is always hiring.