Sign in to follow this  

Need help... tired of my bikes look

I wana do SOMETHING to my bike .. just something to change the look.. or maybe make it suit me better.. i just dont know how..

here is my bike now:

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/Ty230/?action=view&current=HPIM3564.jpg

Those black plastics arent perminant and neither is the pinstriping or taped on #s.

Here is it with black rear and side panels.. but its a more accurate pic

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/Ty230/?action=view&current=HPIM3561.jpg

What can i do to change the appearance or make it suit me better.. i want someting small ..do not suggest new graphics on the shrouds plz.. but i want something else to change its look a bit... like maybe like something anodized/billet something or other... maybe something to make it suit me better... any suggestions.. thanks?

nice yz. I bet that suspension is awesome, my friends yz125's is. Well if your against new graphics, that's cool but if your willing to put new ones on, I'd go with the yamaha of troy and put the original plastics back on. If not though you can make your bike look sweet without much money at all. My friend bought a little half inch buffer for the end of a drill for 5 bucks and polished his whole motor. It looked sweet. Clean those tires up and take off that pipe guard and I'd say it's ready for a photoshoot.

I agree with MastaFlyMason. Get some all black or go back to all blue plastics and some updated graphics.

I'm in the same boat as you; I'm currently tailoring my new (but used) '06 250 to my asthetic liking. It curently has alot of stickers from aftermarket parts that the original owner put on it...not my thing...too many colors...gotta go!!

So, I began with functional parts like - levers, guards, chain guides, plastic...stuff that serves a purpose and looks good doing it and am toping it off with some anodized goodies that serve little or no purpose but I bought anyway because I have a spending problem. 👍

In anycase, that's the approach I've chosen...Plastics and graphics is all you need though.

What guards have u gotten? i just purchased the sprocket guard from a guy i know..im also thinking of colouring the "yamaha " symbols in the rear brake guasrd and the ignition side cover... black.. think about that the black coloured yamah symbol there... SCHWING! ill p.s. that tonight and post it

Gani, the sharpie permanent magic markers make quick work out of coloring in the logo's. It fades over time, but is easy to touch up.

First time you crash on that pipe guard it will bend right into the pipe. Really only good for dings. CF will protect from both but it costs more.

As an informal question, has anyone been happy with anything from Maier???? I am sure us old people remember their "OEM Plastic" LOL

If I were drowning and someone from Maier threw me a rope, I would swim away .

I hate Maier parts. None of the body parts ever line up nicely. Parts would always come scuffed up and what not.

First time you crash on that pipe guard it will bend right into the pipe. Really only good for dings. CF will protect from both but it costs more.

So youre saying pipe guards dont really do anything except protect from rocks thrown up?

yea thats all but i ride trails and track... they might help on an impact by distrubuting force... but yea thats it..i really dont know wut brand my pipe guard is.. i bought it off a friend

So youre saying pipe guards dont really do anything except protect from rocks thrown up?

Metal pipe guards won't do anything but deflect some rocks. If you crash that metal pipe guard will bend just like the pipe would. I have had good luck with the E-Line CF guard. My PC pipe lasted 3 yrs compared to less than a year for my pipes I ran without a CF guard. CF guards are the way to go. You have to hit your pipe really hard to bend it with that on. Its doesn't dent.