Sign in to follow this  

Removing graphics?

Hi I am about to take the graphics off of my swingarm from the previous owner and I was just wondering exactly how I should do it. I was thinking I was going to use the heat gun but I was just checking on what you guys thought.

I use a hair dryer that I steal from my wifes bathroom.

Heat up one corner, peel back, then heat the reat as you remove it. After I get the stickers off, I usually clean the surface with 90% alcohol. It will remove any left over "stitcky" stuff and any dirt that is on the outer edge of where the sticker was.

i get a razor and put it right at the bottom of the sticker (well sticky part making sure it is level and not digging in) and spray goo gone in that and it all comes up pretty easy.. or you can even use gas

i get a razor and put it right at the bottom of the sticker (well sticky part making sure it is level and not digging in) and spray goo gone in that and it all comes up pretty easy.. or you can even use gas

The razor works ok, but you can gouge the swingarm and/or plastic while you are doing it.

A Pressure washer works great too! Just lift one corner and spray.

Never tried the pressure washer, but I am sure thtat it will leave a residue behind.

Just rip those bad boys off of there and clean up the residue with soem alcohol or WD40. WD works great, but you'll have to make sure to hit it with a degreaser before reapplying new ones:thumbsup:

Never tried the pressure washer, but I am sure thtat it will leave a residue behind.

Just more adhesive for the next set of graphics! JK, I just rub it down with rubbing alcohol afterwards, seems to do the trick.

Get a heat gun and warm that thing up as much as you can. Then just pull up a corner with a razor blade and pull.

It will come off like nothing.