Sign in to follow this  

Getting Rid of Choke on Cable (TTR125)

I want to rejet my carb as I'm having the same issues as everyone else on my 2006 TTR-125LE (not starting, taking forever to warm up with choke on etc), however I also want to eliminate the stock choke set up with the plunger on a cable. Would it be easiest to replace the whole carb at this point? And would a carb from a YZ80 do the trick?

Any help would be much appreciated, I searched but couldn't find the exact same question, awesome threads on mods by the way 👍

...I searched but couldn't find the exact same question... 👍

Yeah, one always has to throw in that disclaimer. Otherwise, someone will freak out and berate you because you lack their level of expertise in searching through every thread. :worthy:

I also think the TTR125's choke cable is a bad design. The TTR230 has a much better and simpler design which is located at the carb vice the handlebar.

What about a BBR 26mm Keihin carb kit...although $300 is steep.

Yeah, one always has to throw in that disclaimer. Otherwise, someone will freak out and berate you because you lack their level of expertise in searching through every thread. :worthy:

lol for sure, I'm a newb to these forums but not to forums in general so I get how it works

thanks for your reply btw, i did check out that carb and $300 is steep, I don't want to put any large amounts of money into this bike because I'll probably be moving up next year. I guess we'll just pull the carb apart and see what we can do

👍