Sign in to follow this  

Motorbikes vs animals what are your expiriences?

One time I was doing about 50 mph down a long straight and a bear jumped off a bank and crashed in to the side of me and my bike but somehow I didnt crash:eek: :worthy:👍 Any body else have crazy stuff like that happen to them ( I guess it doesn't have to involve animals if you must I guess the last thing we need is PETA after us riders).

There is a dog that lives next door that jumps out and chases me when I go by on my street bike. He waits until the very last second every time. It scares the living be-geezus out of me.

I caught a bird of some sort in the ear and side of the head one day. I was riding like a squid down an access road at 50+mph and the bird came out of the treeline. I turned my head just in time to catch it right on the side of my head. It literally exploded on contact. I had bird guts in my ear, hair, and down my shirt. It was pretty disgusting. I ride geared up now, even if I am cruising to the corner store.

One time I was doing about 50 mph down a long straight and a bear jumped off a bank and crashed in to the side of me and my bike but somehow I didnt crash:eek: :worthy:👍 Any body else have crazy stuff like that happen to them ( I guess it doesn't have to involve animals if you must I guess the last thing we need is PETA after us riders).

:busted::blah: ...what happened with the bear?????!!!!!!!!

Let's see, I've had some close calls with rabbits, rattlers, wasps(got stung 4 times under my chest protector!), other small critters, horse flys/bees in the helmet are fun too. I got a bug smashed on my goggles once doing about 50. That was pretty gross! You think it's bad when you get a juicy one on the windshield, try one 1/2" from your eyes!

The wasp in the jersey was the worst though, 4 times at the base of my neck. I had to stop and thought I got it out after the first few stings, then I started riding again, and felt another couple stings. Hurt like a biatch!

I rode over a cat on my street bike. He was obviously trying to commit seppuku since there was no way I could have gotten out of his way. I went back to see if he was alright and he was gone, so he must have lived.

There is a dog that lives next door that jumps out and chases me when I go by on my street bike. He waits until the very last second every time. It scares the living be-geezus out of me.

Similar here! We have a neighborhood dog that likes to run the track while we are out there. when you dont expect it the darn thing will pop out of the woods right in front of you and pretty near make you wet yourself! I told the neighbors that i dont care if the dog is out there (leashed with the owner) but I would end up pulling a wheelie over her before I purposely crash my bike.

Also I had a beetle land inside my helmet and thought it was a bee. Pretty scary there too!

trucked a couple ground hogs whilst cruising through fields, and almost got knocked off my bike by turkey damn thing was lumbering to try to get into the air and we made some incidental contact.

👍:worthy: ...what happened with the bear?????!!!!!!!!

I was behind him and just about plowed it withb my quad witch would not of worked out well but thankfully it got out of the way just in time :busted:

without detail on each event on Street Bikes:

- Deer, Deer, Deer, Deer

- Suicide Squirrels

- Rattle Snake

- Wild Boar

- Dog, Dog

- Bird, Bird

- Wasps

and last but not least:

- Human with a pellet rifle

- Human with a garden hose

Dirt Bike:

Have seen Rabbits, Squirrels & Deer but never close to hitting them

Have seen Wild Boar but went the other way

Have seen Bear scat and tracks but No Bear

I almost ran into a moutain biker that decided he didnt hear me and sat in the middle of the road recently

A buddy of mine lives in Boseman Montana and is an avid mountain biker. He is rock solid, 6'2" about 220 lbs.

He told me that he was going pretty fast on a narrow steep downhill trail and literally came around a corner and collided with a medium size black bear - taking both him and the bear tumbling down the trail together. He said it was really kind of strange - for a moment when they came to a stop -they both just looked at each other, seemed like minutes but was really only a few seconds, then the bear shook his head and just slowly walked off.

Former Canadian mx champ Marco Dube did a motorbike vs animal race once for the local media. It was a figure-8 race against a horse. He lost.

Hit a rappit one time, bounced off my leg

almost ran over an apossom

almost hit a dear

Hit a gopher that just ran out in front of me while I was in 5th pinned, and smacked a bird with my front numberplate in the same day 👍

i was on my cr 250 and realized too late i was about to collide with a kid on an atc 110 3 wheeler.the trails crossed at 90 degrees.i locked up brakes and slid side ways right into him. i flew over him and landed in a sticker patch.it hurt .the poor kid was crying and his headlight was dangling from the wire.he had a flat tire.my bike was ok.i limped home.i hope he made it home ok.i felt bad even though it was nobodys fault.

Hit a desert tortoise back in the late 90s on my CR125, was like hitting a damn giant rock. I went over the handle bars, neither one of us was really hurt. Damn thing just kept going on his way.

Hit a couple of quail, and a snake once. Thats about it really.