Sign in to follow this  

kx100 pipe

I didnt know they made the REV for the 100?
After doing a little research, it appears that they no longer make the Rev pipe for any model. Knowing that, I would choose the Fatty or the PC pipe. Any other pipe but the SST...

I've heard about the problems with the SST on bigger bikes but arent they better for the small bores?

I've heard about the problems with the SST on bigger bikes but arent they better for the small bores?
If anything I think they are worse for the small bikes. If you do a search on the 'net for KX100 pipes, you can find dozens of forum posts about riders melting pistons after installing the SST on their KX100. That pipe has a real issue with increased piston crown temperatures, and I would never run it on any bike that I owned.

im tellin ya the PC works pipe is awesome much better then OEM thru the entire powerband. thats what we run on a 06 kx100 but we race all mx.

the bike still hauls butt in 6th gear on the pipe.

you shouldnt, the aftermarket pipe should fit with the stocker silencer but not 110% sure on that

i read somewhere that the fmf sst lowers engine temp by 30 degrees
Don't know where you got that from, but it's dead wrong. The SST is known for increasing piston crown temperatures.

sorry i have a vague idea wut the crown of the piston is.. care to explain? so should i take the pipe off immediately? like does it happen to all bikes.. like theres no way to avoid it?

just run stock silencer. i personally think new silencers are a waste of money..they dont do much to the power and make the bike sound shitty and loud

i'd recommend the procircuit works pipe. i love that pipe. if you got the dough for it, get the R-304 shorty to go with it.