Sign in to follow this  

07 WR250F permanent mileage/dash question

I was messing around with my dash over the weekend and reset both trip meters A & B. Then I realized that I don’t have a total mileage log. Is this correct or am I missing something? I would think the bike would permanently log the miles like a street bike speedo. Is this not the case?

Thanks in advance.

I have a 07 wr450 and it does not have a permanent odometer only trip meters.

Wow, I'm really surprised by this. It does suck. Way to go Yamaha. This is officially the 1st & only complaint I have with my bike.

I had the battery out of the bike for a while & the trip meters kept their memory. How hard would it have been to have a permanent odometer rather than two trips? Where was Captain Obvious hiding when they designed the dash? :busted:

Well I guess if I have to have an issue w/ this bike this one isn't so bad. On the good side when I sell the bike it could "really low miles".... 👍

:worthy:

As far as I know, some CAN, AU amnd SA bikes have the odo. Hell, I'd import one if I knew it would have the odo and the price was not astronomical. US replacement is about $240.00!!

my 06 has an odometer as well as the trip meters

kinda wish they put a tacho in too, surely wouldnt be that hard to run a wire to the dash from the cdi..?

Wow, I'm really surprised by this. It does suck. Way to go Yamaha. This is officially the 1st & only complaint I have with my bike.
An hour meter would be even better.

I have an '07 WR250F, US bought, imported to Canada. My "B" meter, while also resetable, it will hold the mileage even with the battery out of the bike for a week or so. My "A" trip meter resets the moment the battery is disconnected. Since I don't have and hour meter, I just don't touch the "B" meter and write down the mileage on regular basis just in case for maintenance purposes.