Sign in to follow this  

Loretta's?

Can some-one kind of clear things up for me? I read that they have over 30 classes there. I also know that's a race you want to win. TWMX said that 3 teenagers got 6-figure contracts last year from it.

What class(C,B,A,Pro) do you have to race in-order for the BIG people to notice you?

Can anybody show up and try and qualify?

What if, out of no where some kid goes up there and gets a podium finish in the 125/250f, will he draw attention from the big 5 or satellite teams?

Do you have to have a podium finish to draw attention(contracts)?

No I'm not going to try and go up there next year expecting to leave with a factory ride. I just wanted to know basically what you get if you do good in the 125/250f in the C,D,A, and Pro classes.

Loretta's is a BIG event.

In order to get there you have to qualify through regionaly qualifiers at different tracks, they usually only take the top 5 or so. At lorettas, The C/B class is usually around the speed of your local Pros.

Also it's not like your usual 4 or 5 laps at the local track with a lap time of like 1:10 you know. It is 20 minute motos and a full 40 man gate of the fastest guys in each class.

yeah man, generally the b riders at lorettas are faster than the A guys too, the only guys gettin contracts are b and a riders, and the b riders are the top 2 or 3 if that at all. Not tryin to discourage you but ur chances are slim to none if your not 5 or 6 yrs old and ur not winning your 50cc races by now because any later would probably be too old but hey ya never know theres always a chance

• Like 1

Also it's not like your usual 4 or 5 laps at the local track with a lap time of like 1:10 you know. It is 20 minute motos and a full 40 man gate of the fastest guys in each class.

And serious heat and humidity, combined with ruts from hell. This is like the Superbowl and World Series for amateur MX all rolled into one, so the riders are unbelievably fast and the best in the country.

If you are serious about racing there, do some research on the qualifying system and then work on getting to the qualifying race in your area. Even if you are never destined for a factory ride, there are other classes to enter, from kids up to vets. If nothing else, it would be an experience of a lifetime and something you would always remember doing if you manage to get there. But it is not an easy road to walk, by any means. Just do your homework, train hard and take it one step at a time.

Mark

I was thinking(depending on my progress) of trying to do the "Area" or "Regional" qualifier in a year or two. Just wanted to know what all I needed to do for it.

Can some-one kind of clear things up for me? I read that they have over 30 classes there. I also know that's a race you want to win. TWMX said that 3 teenagers got 6-figure contracts last year from it.

What class(C,B,A,Pro) do you have to race in-order for the BIG people to notice you?- B and Pro.

Can anybody show up and try and qualify? No

What if, out of no where some kid goes up there and gets a podium finish in the 125/250f, will he draw attention from the big 5 or satellite teams? Proballyl.

Do you have to have a podium finish to draw attention(contracts)?- Yes.

No I'm not going to try and go up there next year expecting to leave with a factory ride. I just wanted to know basically what you get if you do good in the 125/250f in the C,D,A, and Pro classes.

There is no D class at Lorettas so that is out of the question. If you do good in the B and Pro classes you have a good chance of being on a team when you turn pro. C class riders might get noticed and be able to get money off when they buy bikes from there local dealers. (A couple of my friends get that who have gone to lorettas)

Also check out mxsports.com and that will answer all of your questions.

My friend went up there this year and rode MX lites C stock and mod on a stock 08 250F and went 3-DNF-3 and now he gets 4 free bikes a year from suzuki. If you do good then you will get noticed, but I would only go up there if your completely ready.

My friend went up there this year and rode MX lites C stock and mod on a stock 08 250F and went 3-DNF-3 and now he gets 4 free bikes a year from suzuki. If you do good then you will get noticed, but I would only go up there if your completely ready.

could someone confirm this? Seems kinda unreal to get 4 free bikes a year for the C class (even if he did do well)

I've never heard of this happening.

But if it is true, then he's a lucky fellow.

I was planning on going to lorretta's for the C class stock and mod next year on my 07 250f, hopefully i'll do good.👍

could someone confirm this? Seems kinda unreal to get 4 free bikes a year for the C class (even if he did do well)

I've never heard of this happening.

But if it is true, then he's a lucky fellow.

I was planning on going to lorretta's for the C class stock and mod next year on my 07 250f, hopefully i'll do good.👍

Don't know what to tell you besides it true, he doesn't get his bike until October when the 09's come out.