Sign in to follow this  

What angle should handbars be at?

I got a universial tusk handlebar rising kit to relieve the strain on my upper back. I've tried 1 & 1.5 inches over stock and I just can't seem to get them to feel right. I'm thinking it has to do with the angle of the bars. I didn't really look at the bars angle before I loosened the bolts:bonk: . I feel like there's too much of a twist on my wrist when twisting the throttle and the clutch lever feels either to high or low. So what's a good way of knowing the proper angle they should be b/c there's a lot of possiblities? thanks

I don't know if there is a right position but I line mine up parallel with the fork tubes. Rotate them forward and back (within reason) until you find something comfortable. If that doesn't work you may want to possibly look for some bars with a different bend.

one thing your not asking about is ware to sit

if my back and shoulders start getting tenns I need to skoot up on the tank more and straton up my back

holding my head up hi helps to do all that

one thing your not asking about is ware to sit

if my back and shoulders start getting tenns I need to skoot up on the tank more and straton up my back

holding my head up hi helps to do all that

👍:worthy::blah::busted::D

I 2nd that!!!!

I feel like there's too much of a twist on my wrist when twisting the throttle and the clutch lever feels either to high or low. So what's a good way of knowing the proper angle they should be b/c there's a lot of possiblities? thanks

There is no "proper" angle. It all depends on you and your comfort. Sometimes it takes a lot of experimenting to find what works for you. I personally like the CR High Bend with the bars rotate pretty far forward. I like to be way forward on the bike for turns and climbs. I have friends that hate my set up. They like thier bars rotated back. Keep playing with it, and you'll come up with a set up that works for you.

"Normal" position of handelbars is set by making the bike vertical. The bar where your grips would be should be level.

Now, some like them tilted one way or another. Sometimes by sitting on the bike, nice and relaxed and put the bars at a position that enbles your hands/wrists to simply fall naturally on them feels best.

alright guys thanks, I'll just try different angles...I think I may have found one I like though.

I got a universial tusk handlebar rising kit to relieve the strain on my upper back. I've tried 1 & 1.5 inches over stock and I just can't seem to get them to feel right. I'm thinking it has to do with the angle of the bars. I didn't really look at the bars angle before I loosened the bolts . I feel like there's too much of a twist on my wrist when twisting the throttle and the clutch lever feels either to high or low. So what's a good way of knowing the proper angle they should be b/c there's a lot of possiblities? thanks

What about dualsport touring where you might do 1000km of highway followed by a few days of offroad.

I imagine you'd be rotating the bars forward a bit for the offoad sections to allow more comfort when standing.

Btw, what do you think of the tusk risers quality. I have some on order.