Sign in to follow this  

Is the frame of an '03 KX125 green?

I just bought what was supposed to be a 2003 KX125. It has a green frame and is in good condition. After looking at some pictures today I am starting to wonder if it is a 2002 model.

If the frame is green can it be a 2003 model?

Thanks,

No....the 03's are silver. I know for a fact the '01's were green frames. Check the sticker on the frame by the handlebars. It could be powder coated but I doubt it.

I justed added a picture of it to my garage. I have a feeling I was ripped off by my lack on knowledge. 👍

• Like 1

Could be painted. I don't see much boot wear on the sides of the frame where it's painted. Unfortunately the rear swing arm looks more 2002 than 2003.

Why don't you drop the vin in here and see what you get back.

If it turns out to be an '02 I'd definitely talk with the seller and discuss getting the blue book difference between '02 and '03 back. If they made an honest mistake they should be willing to do that.

It is a 1999 - 2002 style KX125, definitely not 2003. Look at the tneth digit of the VIN to see what it is.

http://www.kdxgarage.com/VINInformation.html

👍

If it was represented to you in writing that it was an '03 model bike, the seller commited fraud. Go back to them and tell them you want a portion of your money back or you will press charges.

Well I checked the VIN tonight and it is indeed a 2002.:worthy: Its a little disappointing but it runs good and seems to have low hours.

I called the seller and told him about it. It seems like it was an honest mistake. He had bought from his brother-in-law because he was in financial trouble. He hardly ever rode it and didn't know a lot about it. Looking at the ware on the rear tire, it looks like it has seen more time on the road than in the dirt.

Anyway, I paid $1500 and he agreed to refund $200. He will mail a check tomorrow. I hope he actually does. I think he will.👍

👍

If it was represented to you in writing that it was an '03 model bike, the seller commited fraud. Go back to them and tell them you want a portion of your money back or you will press charges.

:worthy: Maybe I should go back to the guy I bought my 97 KX250 from?

Turned out to be a 2000. :busted:

:worthy: Maybe I should go back to the guy I bought my 97 KX250 from?

Turned out to be a 2000. :doh:

Some people win and some people lose. In this case your are the big winner. :busted::blah::D

I'm happy with the deal I made and he is willing to work with me.👍

It's been a good day! I received a check for $200 form the seller 👍 and I got a good deal on a service manual from ebay. $26 including shipping.:worthy:

I'm happy with the deals and I'm happy with the bike. Now I just need to go :busted: